We ar eonly threatening from long range!!

Some more info for you, I am using very low sreative freedom and only 2 of my player hae long shots set to more than rarely and even then its mixed.

Please can someone give me some help

Basically, your players are getting into situations where the best option is to shoot from range, ensure you mentalities aren't too far apart, or too high, as a high mentality player will try things which have a poor risk-reward ratio, more often. This may leave you with players isolated, with no-one to pass to, and therefore shooting.

They could have got into this isolated position by running with the ball, or being passed the ball when they were a long way up the field, so I would check that Forward Runs Often is not set on that player, and if it is, that others around him are not leaving him behind.

This often happens when the counterattack box is ticked, as this increases everyones mentality to 20 when a counter attack opportunity arises.

Agree with Ham!

Lower one or both of your FC's mentalities to middle normaly, just for a half of each game half. That way you can see the results. They will pass back to the MC's or the wings more often.

Have one on forward runs mixed/often and one on rare, that way one will stay deep and then have him (deep) use through balls mixed/often and he 'should' play your more advanced striker onto ball 'IN' the box, therebye resulting in more 'closer' shots.

Basically, the key is to getting balls into the box with me there to get them. You may have to lower your tempo, you may be playing to fast for your less advanced men to catch up and overtake the ball.

LAM

Thanks guys for your thoughts.

Ham - The mentalities of my players are not too far apart, their is a gap of 2 clicks between the CMA and the more advcanced striker whos mentality is 4 clicks to the right of the middle, so I don't think that is too high personally. In total there is a gap of 7 clicks between the CB's and the most advanced striker.

My wingers and fullbacks are the only ones with foward rubs often the rest apart from the CB's are on mixed. And only my wingers are set to run with ball often and they aren't the ones who are taking the long shots.

And counter attack is not ticked.

LAM - Thats an interesting idea but I'm not playing with a deep creative striker I want to quick, strikers so I want them both up there scoring if i can. But I shall give it a go and see how it works for a couple of games.

My tempo is set in the middle which I don't believe is too quick.

We do tend to buld up attacks but people don't seem to find space for a through ball to be threaded, maybe play a bit wider? but will that interfere with my defensive side to the team?.

I wil take into consideration what you have both said thank you and report back soon

Archived