PPM : Dives into tackles or stay on his feet

I have a few defenders that have good tackling attributes but i am unsure what PPM to learn them. Does it matter much if a player has a low tackling attribute or a high to learn one of these PPM's?

Any advice plz?

You definitely dont want a defender to dive into tackles. You want them to stay on their feet and divert players away, making the tackle when the opportunity opens up. It leaves you less vulnerable to errors that way too. I'd say diving into tackles is useful for a defensive midfielder so he can pressure the opposition, but of course he'll need a good tackling attribute too or else he'll just commit foul after foul.

Couldnt agree more with CD.

Spot on.

Personaly I would both with it for the DM or MCD unless they are very strong and aggressive. That way, your oppositions players will be leaving the pitch in droves.

Train your DC's to stay on their feet in challenges!

LAM

Watching 3D, it's a joy to see players diving into tackles and winning the ball.

where does that help your gameplay?

As IRL at least CBs are not diving into tackles much cause ussually they are behind the ball and are afraid of penalties in the box. FBs are the ones who dives into tackles.

Archived