4 headed goals, 4 corners, 1 player, 1 half...oh dear, no corner bug huh?

• SI Staff
The only thing I would say to have a look at Paul, is real life "fluke" goals scored directly by corner takes in comparison with FM.

I've conceded about six and scored two on my current save, in one season! :eek:

I have seen this once in 9.3, and one other person at SI reported seeing it once. Has anyone else seen it on multiple occasions?

I have seen this once in 9.3, and one other person at SI reported seeing it once. Has anyone else seen it on multiple occasions?

Have to admit that this is managing a club in the Blue Square Premier, so It's possible that I've seen this with more frequency because the players at this level aren't good enough to respond to it, by virtue of headed clearances etc... How easy this would be for a user to potentially exploit, I can't say because I've not tried.

Dunno how you code the game so can't say how "easy" it is to reduce for FM10, but other than this "niggle" and perhaps one or two others, I'm fine. Nothing that ruins my enjoyment.

if someone wanted to utilise this, apart from set them to 6 yard box and 1 player challenge gk. what do the other outfield get set to to get most possible goals please

LOL. Sounds like someone has had an idea for the weekend!

(not suggesting you would use this "cheat" of course.

Actualy, as i have posted before, Im not finding I score too many this way. Paul Collier has said that they have stopped AI teams using it in the programming and my point is - if the AI could use it and I was concedeing an unrealistic amount of goals in this way, I would find the game unplayable.

So let us rejoice it is a "bug"(?!?) with a positive effect, not a negative one.

December on my game and Kaladze with heading 15 and strength 15 is my 2nd top goal scorer on 11 goals. Mind you he might not be the highest scoring defender as Ivan Cordoba has 10 for my brother. Both could hit the 20 goals by the end of the season.

Still I guess I could google some random stat website which is what SI seem to base there game on these days and not common sense, and it will make EVERYTHING ok. This will be the answer to anyone who dare to criticise a game, that 1 month after realease still contains hilarious bugs and problems. Hmm maybe I could just just use a vague recollection that someone said 0.8 goals a game are scored from set pieces and that it will JUSTIFY everything and that its ok to not bother fixing the game and just make another one which will no doubt contain hilarious bugs that wont get fixed until months after realease.

Archived