Anyone bored of FM09?

Press conferences were majorly disappointing, especially considering they were the one addition I was really looking forward to.

The major differences, that make me prefer 08, are the 2D view and processing! I hate 09's 2D, it's too small and I don't like TV View. Processing was to be expected, but I was used to going home at lunch time and playing 3 or 4 games on 08, i'd be lucky to get one done in 09.

Replying 3 days late because I'm not online at weekend :p

FM09 seems a lot slower on my laptop, even without using 3D. 3D I got bored with very quickly, just as I expected to. 2D classic in TV view is ok for me except that sometimes it seems to add names to every player on the pitch instead of the 2-3 currently active in play, which seems to add un-necessary processing strain.

2D non-classic view is scary though. The huge blobs with feet sticking out look as though they are dust bins or Daleks rotating and moving around on wheels - they are quite frightening! Especially when some of them seem not to render properly and are tiny compared to the rest :p

I actually think this game should have more tactics and especially to go further in depth, as there are certain issues that dont do deep enough, e.g. perhaps the attacking mentality can be limited for certain type of players depending on their ability.

It would defo cut out 'a Leyton Orient Defender scoring from 30 yards out after going unchallenged'. No diss to the Orient though, its a real football club that.

What does everyone think

A leyton Orient defender won't go on a mazy dribbling run past 7 players and score fromo 30-yards whatever his mentality, if he doesn't have the talent to do those things. If such a thing is happening then there is a hell of a lot more going wrong than just the player's attacking mentality!

Archived