Help needed post 9.3

I'm basicly seconds from throwing my computer out the window. This is not supposed to be a rant at the new patch, yet it has utterly destroyed my tactics. So now i'm asking for help, any suggestion appreciated.

Basically I want to play offensive football, but previously my defensive record has been equally impressive. I usually play a creative, high tempo, wide game with a high defensive line as well.

My menatlity ranges from defensive cd's over normal fb's and mc's to offensive wingers/strikers. None have menatlities near 0 or 20 though.

Closing down is similar to the menatlity of the players. Basically the more offensive a player is, the higher up the pitch i want him to close down opponents. Again I don't want players to breach their lines, so their closing down is pretty much in line with the near players.

My passing game is direct from cd's, mixed from fb's and cm's and short from wingers and strikers. This i not corresponding with the TT&F I know, but i've tried otherwise with no success. Basically it's because I want the more defensive players to be able to pass to anyone on the ptch, while the strikers should keep the ball up there.

I'd be happy to answer any further questions, but that about sums it up. As i've said these tactics are now being shot down by opponents. My defenders run like headless chickens, and panicks at every ball in the box. Midfielders don't take time on the ball, and strikers lose it immediately. I need urgent help.

How the hell does that help?

I think the style you were using was similar to mine, basically, KISS seems to be the priority in this new patch. I'm using the SIMPLICITY set by Crouchaldinho with success with AFC Wimbledon, check it out :thup:

How the hell does that help?

I think the style you were using was similar to mine, basically, KISS seems to be the priority in this new patch. I'm using the SIMPLICITY set by Crouchaldinho with success with AFC Wimbledon, check it out :thup:

What's KISS?

Thanks for your answers. Decided to use SIMPLICITY, and altering it slightly. I basically like to create my own tactics. Problem was/might still be that i'm playning 4-4-2 Diamond now, and my defence gices away a lot. Found though, that increasing forward runs to "mixed" of my DM improved it a bit. Anyhoo thanks so far

Thanks for your answers. Decided to use SIMPLICITY, and altering it slightly. I basically like to create my own tactics. Problem was/might still be that i'm playning 4-4-2 Diamond now, and my defence gices away a lot. Found though, that increasing forward runs to "mixed" of my DM improved it a bit. Anyhoo thanks so far

Hello Roo. I'm playing 4-4-2 diamond too with my simplicity settings.

My tip is to play DMC with no forward runs, AMC with mixed forward runs and to slightly increase the closing down of the DMC so he closes down higher up the pitch.

Doing really well with my Saints team. :thup:

C.

In my opinion the new ME is biased towards the short passing style, so if you were previously having success with a more direct game, try switching to a short passing, more wide style of play, also try playing with two fast striker both with run with the ball, as again these type of forwards seem to be more successful for me since the new patch.

One thing I noticed with the new patch is that the RWB instruction can be a critical one to use. I used to use it a lot more liberally, in that depending on the tactic (attacking, control) I could have FB, DM, AM, strikers on mixed and my wingers on RWB often. I did this because sometimes a guy would dribble a bit, bend the defense out of shape and I could unlock the door. However, with the new patch, I think man marking works better and it's easier for the defense to poke a ball away from a player. I've read crouchaldino's SIMPLICITY and I think he nails it when he says that RWB is best used very conservatively. Set wingers to RWB often, AM to mixed and the rest to rarely. I'm still playing around with that but I think he's right on.

Archived