Why does my GK persist in kicking the ball

A target man will certainly increase the number of times he'll attempt to play the ball to that player. So if that player is high up the park undoubtedly it'll have an impact.

Stupid question but did you also set his passing shorter too? I'm pretty sure throwing is considered a type of pass.

A target man will certainly increase the number of times he'll attempt to play the ball to that player. So if that player is high up the park undoubtedly it'll have an impact.

Stupid question but did you also set his passing shorter too? I'm pretty sure throwing is considered a type of pass.

His passing is the same as the team which is quite short anyway. The GK is Ochoa.

I hate to presume anything, but I guess you're frustrated at seeing highlights of him hoofing the ball forward, and on the occasions he does so they're largely unsuccessful.

GKs have a s*it pass completion, and a dominating teams keeper will generally only complete 50% if he's lucky. You could try switching between long and short passing, look at the results, then reassure yourself that you can make the right decisions based on his match stats.

Yup. Have my keeeper on defender collect, but still I see my no good kicking keeper (6) kicking the ball directly to an opposition midfielder (!!) who then delivers it directly to an attacker for a clear cut chance. My keeper is brilliant except for that one attribute.

Where's the option for having a defender taking goal kicks?

The goalie will take his kicks longs more than 50% of the time, even if he's set to defender collect or quick throw, and defenders are available. Has been this way since Cm4 and has been ignored by SI forever...

But open a new post in the Bugs forum, maybe if enough people raise this as an issue, they'll take a look at it.

When the GK has the ball, or you have a goal kick, your team will run to their assigned positions on the pitch like headless chickens. The positions they take up are unaffected by any tactical slider, with the possible exception of width.

These assigned positions are quite far high on the pitch and seem to be the main cause of the GK kicking the ball. Interestingly enough the 'defender collect' together with the 'distribute to' instruction does work (though not 100%), quick throw certainly doesn't and always results in long kicks upfield.

Considering the GK kicks the ball a lot and your striker and/or midfield is loosing the header, and tactical sliders only seem to be effective in open play, there's 2 options

1 get midfielders capable of jumping and heading along with bravery and strength

2 using mentality and perhaps def. line sliders to get you midfield in such a position they pick up the header.

i wouldnt mind if my keeper hoofed the ball downfield, instead mine decide its fun to drop the ball at their feet, invite the other team's strikers to rush him thereby putting him under undue pressure then hoofing it straight to... one of the other team!

good times!

I think it's a bug because the goalie never throws. And I mean never. It's pretty annoying.

Even in games I've watched in full the GK has never once used the quick throw option I've set him.

It looks like kicking is an important attribute.

Archived