Maintaining Performance?

Hi,

Whatever team i seem to be, if we play well in the first half and get a few goals, the level of performance always dips in the second half - no matter the team talk i give them.

The other team always seems to be able to get at least a goal back, without me able to get any more goals in the second half. I've lost count of the amount of games where i've gone 3-0, 4-0 up at half time and they've ended up 3-2, etc. Or worse when i'm 2 up and they snatch a draw

Anyone got any tips that can i do to continue the level of performance?

Cheers, Tom

It's just one of ways for producing realistic results. And it happens more regularly if you are playing aginst equal or better teams.

For example today I started new game with Man utd. In my 2nd game I have to face Arsenal at home. After 20 minutes I was 3:0 up and what I saw is that several Arsenal players have "fired up" description under motivation tab and other were "looking motivated". At the end it was 3:1

So...it's just programming in order to produce realistic results. Like in RL your determination drop when you are leading while you try harder if you are trailing and if you are determined person (Arsenal squad).

Perfectly ok to me...

...one of solutions if they are attacking is to lower mentality a little (but only if they are attacking), cause if both teams are equal in terms of individual quality and both teams play attacking, if all 11 players from one team are greatly more motivated than other team players, it's realy easy to predict outcome :))

I hope I helped...

I think that SI programmers went too far with this...

I just played a game with Man Utd against Chelsea...and was 3:0 up again after 20 minutes, but then again they have 6 or 7 players with "fired up" motivation and score was 3:3 by half. At the end they score a lucky goal and won 4:3...

SI f****d up this...

I have an idea why this happens but im not sure i am 100% correct but i would like to think i am :)

A - Your team seems to lose its edge because the geling factor of other teams is kicking in, most team sign players at the begining of the season, there for it takes a while for them to all start playing together, this is why you seem to rip them appart at the start of the season because maybe you are ahead of them as a team at this moment, but after about half of the season most of the teams are playing at a similer level of "gelling" and its much harder to brake them down.

B - Your first team has under gone a lot of matches and match fitness might be high but the hidden attribute of "jadedness" which is not showen also may be high. Your player's just havent got the edge they had at the start of the season.

Now there are ways around match fitness, but im not clear if this will work, having 22 players in ur squad may help the jadedness factor if you rotate your players most of the time, but i belive this will also have its problems as your not letting your inform player's play when they are peeking.

it works both ways,

if your 3-0 down, your going to come out firing in the second half and give the appropriate team talk aswell. usually angry.

iv come back to draw, or dominate the 2nd half completely even if i dont win.

that is what they do aswell when they are loosing.

best thing is to change your tactic to counter them, slow the play down, but try not to fall to deep or push to high, iv kind of got the hang of it.

going defensive does not work, opposition find it too easy if you are deep.

But surely that isn't realistic?

How many real-life games do teams who are 3 goals down suddenly get that determined that they score enough goals to draw the game, while the team who are buzzing suddenly switch off?

It would be more realistic to be a closer half after half-time (much like Man City v Hull the other week) but not a utter turnaround in form. And it's just infuriating that you can't keep up your performance for another 45 minutes :mad:

Teamtalks are very important in my opinion, so I'd recommend reading Wolfsong's guide to teamtalks, although it was done for FM08, it still works on 09.

They are important, but this have little to do with that. If you are 3:0 up, opponent will become more motivated, while you will be complacent.

And it's ok with me...but SI programmers f****d up this...they wnet too far with this method...

Archived