Contradicting preferred moves? Tries killer balls often & plays a short simple passes

I have this cracking player Ignacio Camacho (screenie below) who has "plays short simple passes" as a PPM. As you can see he is world class and plays in a relatively attacking role for me so I would think his PPM is far from ideal. So my question is, should I ask him to play a more expansive passing game (as in remove the PPM) or ask him to try killer balls often? Does removing the PPM also consume 20 % of the training and take as long as learning a new one? I saw a player with both of these but for the life of me can't remember who it was. Has anyone tried to give a player with play short simple passes the try killer balls often PPM? Would it work?

camachoow0.th.jpg

I have this cracking player Ignacio Camacho (screenie below) who has "plays short simple passes" as a PPM. As you can see he is world class and plays in a relatively attacking role for me so I would think his PPM is far from ideal. So my question is, should I ask him to play a more expansive passing game (as in remove the PPM) or ask him to try killer balls often? Does removing the PPM also consume 20 % of the training and take as long as learning a new one? I saw a player with both of these but for the life of me can't remember who it was. Has anyone tried to give a player with play short simple passes the try killer balls often PPM? Would it work?

camachoow0.th.jpg

It's not contradictory.But I would definetely tell him to play a more expanseve passing game,esp. for a midfielder of hus quality

I guess that's one way to look at it, but I don't think all killer balls are through balls even though most of them are. How can one make a killer ball using short simple passes? A short simple pass sounds like a safe and easy pass. A killer ball sounds like a long, hard and penetrating (no pun intended :p) pass.

i had him from the first season till about my 6th and he needs no tactics training what worked well for me was to train him to be an attacking midfielder and just because he plays short simple passes doesn't mean that anyone can do that, short passes are generally the hardest to pull off and you need very high anticipation to do so seriously train him AMC and watch those assists fly in

i had him from the first season till about my 6th and he needs no tactics training what worked well for me was to train him to be an attacking midfielder and just because he plays short simple passes doesn't mean that anyone can do that, short passes are generally the hardest to pull off and you need very high anticipation to do so seriously train him AMC and watch those assists fly in

My AMC's currently are Aguero, Silva, Mata, Buonanotte, Arango and Marquinhos so I am 100 % covered in that area :) Of course many of them play in other positions too but there would be no point in retraining him there in my situation especially as he is so good defensively. I'm not saying he couldn't be very good there if given the chance but he is much more needed at the centre of the park.

However I totally disagree with you about the passing. A simple short pass is the easiest type of pass to pull off. That is a fact. It doesn't mean that a short passing game through out the team is the easiest thing to do as it surely isn't but as far as one pass goes, a short pass is the easiest to complete. I guess the reason you think like that is because in order for an attack to go from your own area to near the opposition goal you need a string of good short passes where as it can sometimes be accomplished with just a few direct passes, If you compare pass completion ratios with a short passing game and a very direct passing game there is a huge difference in favour to the short passing style which means that A short pass is way easier to pull off than a direct killer ball.

So no one has yet had both of these for the same player? I would really like to know how it works in the game engine...

if a player has a low passing stat, you can choose to train them to Play Short Simple Passes, with Camacho i have no clue as he has a good passing stat..

killer ball is often the assist before the goal. it can be long and short. could be the long ball from the edge of his area up field for the striker to run 1on1 with the goalie or a sneaky through ball infront of goal.

Yes, I totally agree with you. It doesn't answer my question though :)

if a player has a low passing stat, you can choose to train them to Play Short Simple Passes, with Camacho i have no clue as he has a good passing stat..

You can choose to train a player with a high passing stat this as well. For example Veloso has 18 in passing and creativity and I could ask him to play a simple passing game if I wanted to. However, I agree that a simple passing game is most suitable for players with low passing and creativity stats, which is why I don't think it is ideal for Camacho.

Archived