I'm sorry but it has to be said... (2009)

People like Nomis are one of the things that really annoy me about these forums. If you don't like a thread, don't read it and don't post, thats what us grown ups do, rather than making childish comments that nobody wants to read.

I had the same problem as the OP with the slow running of the matches, so i upgraded my memory from 512mb to 2 gig. i now find the matches run as smoothly as I would expect them too. I know not everybody has money to burn, but the 26 quid I spent on memory was worth every penny, as footy manager now runs like a dream as well as other applications that previously struggled on my laptop.

People like Nomis are one of the things that really annoy me about these forums. If you don't like a thread, don't read it and don't post, thats what us grown ups do, rather than making childish comments that nobody wants to read.

Oh give over :rolleyes: YAWN!

Once again some interesting comments on the topic I posted, many thanks for a lively debate and it's cool to know I'm not the only one who feels the same way on this issue. Fair play, it seems that having a newer pc seems to be the general recommendation, I only play champ on the laptop(which was bought specifically for FM07 , I don't go onto the internet with that laptop to avoid slowing my FM games up). It is more conveniant this way as if you go abroad or wherever, FM is there for a game(yes I am addicted but not to 09.). But as I say I ain't buying a new PC everytime FM comes out.

I notice not too many of you were up for my idea on the buying of a club, I just think it might provide another level of interest to the game, I'm sure we've all played games where you've won the league or Champions league and then had a bad start to the next season and immediately are under pressure and then get sacked despite your efforts the previous season, after playing to 2030, a partial move upstairs would keep the interest going, as a manager you pretty much run the club anyway. I would site Brian Clough in his hayday as an example of a coach who pretty much ran the club and would never get the sack, Fergie(though I loathe old blue nose and his team) is a present close appoximation of this type of coach. I'd much prefer that type of development than more 3d type changes!

For those of you who have given up, and take note Mr Scott, here's a link to my updated FM08 database(to 9/1/9):

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4634845

Peace to all the Champ addicts out there,

Moskollo

PS Anfield 10, I have returned FM09...

i feel as if there should be one thread called something like "fm09 is rubbish, sponsored by my life story", i thought we'd finally seen the last of these type of threads post-patch

so should we all just agree with you? The point of the forum is that people can have a point of view, if it was just about not having an opinion it would be a fan club this ain't mate, why are you looking at threads criticising the game if you're so tired of them? Looking to wind people up methinks, how old are you? 10?

so should we all just agree with you? The point of the forum is that people can have a point of view' date=' if it was just about not having an opinion it would be a fan club this ain't mate, why are you looking at threads criticising the game if you're so tired of them? Looking to wind people up methinks, how old are you? 10?[/quote']

Your opening post basically wanted to do away with 3d and highlights and replays (all of which are options you can turn off).

Really though, what was the best you thought could happen from your post? FM10 to be exactly the way you want it but screw the millions of other fans and what they want?

There's a difference between coming on the boards and sensibly suggesting ways to improve the game rather than just moaning about the current one.

i dont see where i have implicated that everyone should agree with me, but then again i am only 10 right?

and to discuss your OP i tihnk that if fm07 was slow for you it was likely to be due to a low spec computer, and yes most players appear to be having fm09 running pretty slow, but if you dont want to watch highlights or anything like you said you can just use the 'only commentary'.

p.s. having just looked at your post count and join date maybe i have been seen as harsh, it was nothing personal instead just a jibe at the amount of duplicate 'fm09 has ruined the football manager series' kinda threads. much love, bring on the feb patch and fm10

Archived