The tether's end has been reached...

My signing's are decent. My team's superb. My tactic makes sense.

So why the **** am I doing so poorly?

I've been playing a 4 4 2 because nothing else seems to work. Defensive midfielders are useless. Midfielders are incapable of supporting lone strikers. The whole tactical system has become so arcane and pointlessly fiendish that I don't like the game. So why the **** have they made it this way?

I desperately need some help. I just need a simple tactic to make the most of my players, but nothing seems to.

I am sure there are 100s and 1000s that may or may not disagree with me BUT ... the whole reliance on 442 is baffling to me. Sure in the real world 442 is the de facto setup (at least in England) for obvious reasons, however it is not so special in this iteration of the game. Just because something makes sense logically does not mean it works in the game. Dump it and try something else.

Also, I beg to differ about midfielders being incapable of supporting lone strikers. I play a lone striker all the time who scores goal after goal. His supply comes from somewhere ... the midfield of course. What I can say about defensive midfielders is this: whether DMCs work or not in this game is highly dependent on exactly what you ask them to do AND the system they are asked to play in. By this I do not mean the ratings DMCs get because frankly the rating system used by the game is very poor. If you play 442, do you play a diamond when trying a DMC?

As far as a simple tactic, I cannot help you I am afraid 'cause I use a relatively 'complicated' tactic highly dependent on the type of players I have. My advice to you would be (if you have not already done so) to take a hard look at the strengths in players you have and build a system around the players, not the other way round (for starters). If you want to pick a system first, you need a lot of money to get players to fit the system (generally).

Well that is your answer right there.....442 is nowhere near the best tactic to use with the starting line-up of Barcelona. Messi is made to play wing (AMR or FR), same with Henry (on the left since Eto'o ought to be first choice striker). You are going to find it hard fitting that into a 442 system. If I were playing Barca I would try...

...............ST...............

AML.......................AMR

........MC.........MC........

.............DMC..............

DL.....DC.........DC.....DR

If you still have Bojan I'd train him to play wing.

My signing's are decent. My team's superb. My tactic makes sense.

So why the **** am I doing so poorly?

I've been playing a 4 4 2 because nothing else seems to work. Defensive midfielders are useless. Midfielders are incapable of supporting lone strikers. The whole tactical system has become so arcane and pointlessly fiendish that I don't like the game. So why the **** have they made it this way?

I desperately need some help. I just need a simple tactic to make the most of my players, but nothing seems to.

Try this . . .

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=79398

try mixed passing, quick (1in) tempo, high defensive line and closing with something like as your starting eleven:

-,henry,-,eto'o,- (henry slightly high cf, eto'o less, mixed fwr to both, direct passing for eto'o, mixed for henry)

iniesta,-,-,messi (free roles to both, always run with ball to messi and mixed everything else)

-,-,xavi,-,- (very high cf, mixed everything)

abidal,-,-,-,dani alves (FWR-always, direct passing, mixed rest)

-,puyol,-,pique,- (short 1below mixed, passing, fwr to none)

valdes

Archived