Turkey - Years to Gain Nationality

When I viewing the Turkish Superliga I have confronted with a strange situation.

Some foreign players who play in Turkish Superliga only need 1095 days to be Turkish and others foreigns need 3650 days to be Turkish. I try view if some nationalities had privileges, but I have found Brazillian Players that some need 1095 days and others Brazillians need 3650.

Why?

• 4 weeks later...
When I viewing the Turkish Superliga I have confronted with a strange situation.

Some foreign players who play in Turkish Superliga only need 1095 days to be Turkish and others foreigns need 3650 days to be Turkish. I try view if some nationalities had privileges, but I have found Brazillian Players that some need 1095 days and others Brazillians need 3650.

Why?

Isn't there any Turkish friend who could easily answer this? I have the same doubt. Thanks

in TR foreigners need to gain Tr nationality take 10 years of time, i've checked it with editor.

(actually it is 5 years :D)

But somehow even when you re-arrenge it to 1 year via editor; some foreigner players take 3 years to gain nationality...

bug on bug, patch on patch...

in TR foreigners need to gain Tr nationality take 10 years of time, i've checked it with editor.

(actually it is 5 years :D)

But somehow even when you re-arrenge it to 1 year via editor; some foreigner players take 3 years to gain nationality...

bug on bug, patch on patch...

I think the answer to the first one is something like (IRL) it takes 5 years to gain Turkish nationality, but it takes 5 years from the day you apply for citizenship before you are eligible for the Turkish national team.

Don't know about your second point though.

For players that have never played for their national team, in other words the players who, in theory, can play for Turkish national side once they get the citizenship, are given Turkish nationality after 3 years. Examples are Fenerbahçe's Deivid and Galatasaray's Lincoln. But players who played any international football (even at youth level) are granted Turkish nationality after 10 years. In real life, there is also some debate about the actual date of application, but that doesn't apply to the game.

For players that have never played for their national team, in other words the players who, in theory, can play for Turkish national side once they get the citizenship, are given Turkish nationality after 3 years. Examples are Fenerbahçe's Deivid and Galatasaray's Lincoln. But players who played any international football (even at youth level) are granted Turkish nationality after 10 years. In real life, there is also some debate about the actual date of application, but that doesn't apply to the game.

Thanks. Your answer finally makes everything clear.

Archived