Has anybody cracked Teamtalks yet?

i think the team talks are very basic and misleading, because a don't let you performace drop talk could be used in both a positive and negative way.

i would like to be able to sting a selection of phrase together to produce an decent team talk, paising the good thing, identifying the bad things and focusing the team on the second half.

example.

you passing has been shocking, we are gifting the ball to there midfield/forwards, try and play it simple. Your tackling has been good but we don't need anymore bookings. our forwards are making some good off the ball runs, our midfield needs to support them more etc.

some of this would have to be tied into tactical changes but i hope you get the idea.

I like that idea a lot, and it would make the game much more realistic; it could also cause the obvious problems when a player doesn't speak the coach's language (miscommunication, etc.).

In many situations I do not give the same "talk" to the whole squad. One of the keys of FM is figuring out what different players respond to. I believe this is largely determined by their personailty attributes (many of which are hidden) and their current morale. It is a real pain in the butt, but (I said butt-but) it is tremendously helpful to use the note feature for teamtalks. After each game look at the AssMan's comments on team talks. BORING, but after a month or two you will know who to sweet talk and who to kick in the butt.

This is similar to the pre-match press inquiries and manager interaction. You'll find that the same players will tend to have the same reaction to the same statement...but others will react to other comments. Of course the trick is that the opposition will respond to them too.

This is a huge part of succes in FM.

Amen to that post. Perhaps the most difficult concept in FM is getting individual players to play as a team.

I don't think you need 25 sentences, if you treat the options given as the tone of the teamtalks not the pcifics then you are fine. I believe teamtalks are very important irl and are given the right priority in the game.

Here are a few pointers:

1, Find out what individual players respond to, especially your key ones, you'll find this in teamtalk feedback.

2, Not expected to win = No pressure

3, Expected to win/ Morale Superb = I expect a win + expect a perfomance to anyone who shows over confidence.

4, losing game at half time = Perform much better if favorites/ dissappointed.

5, winning game at half time= Don't let your perfomance drop if favorites

6, winning game at half time = Pleased if not favorite.

7, Drawing at half time but performed well= Just 1 more goal etc..

8. Drawing at half time but not performed well = Dissapointed etc...

Also look for the key battles in the game Defender vs opposition star striker etc and pinpoint individual team talks here depending on match up of the 2 players.

Great post.

Archived