Editor Errors (screenshots included)

Minkaro

The problem

The database editor does not seem to want to let me save.

Loaddatabase.jpg

Notice how both the default and 9.1.0 update databases are included in the list. Obviously this means they're both on my computer and can be edited.

Now, I'll make a change to the database, and try to save it. Harry Redknapp was now born in Telford. I go to file > save database, which should simply ask me if I want to overwrite the 9.1.0 database. However:

Savedatabse.jpg

The editor seems to think I want to save this as a new database. Whilst I could do that, I'd really rather continue using the official databases, as in-game editors/scouts etc. are set to work with them.

Possible reasons that I have come up with

I downloaded the game using Steam, which has led to most of the files being in odd folders. E.g. the database editor was found under Program Files > Steam > Steamapps > Common > Football Manager 2009 > Tools > Data Editor. Could it be that I have to set the custom database folder (found in the options area of the Data Editor) to something?

Thanks for any help.

Also, it dosen't matter which database you'll be using, whether it's the original or one called "Harry Redknapp born in Telford".

Real-time editors/scouts will work, as they are reading from the current active game, and not a database.

Archived