Opposition Scout Reports. What you look or and why.

I just wanted to start this thread because I've looked all over the net and can't find a good article that explains what people look for in opposition scout reports and what they adjust in their tactics to help them get the upper hand In  matches. 

I'm hoping people will share some tips and tricks in what they look for and how the implement that in game to help me and maybe other football mangers who would like to improve thier game management. 

Thanks and look forward to some good insights into this...

Space mostly. I look at their roles and try to see where space will naturally be available after a turnover. Like if they've got an IWB on one flank, I'll fancy a go at that with a touchline hugging winger, because their guy will have a lot of ground to make up to cover them. Conversely if they've got a wingback who's likely to get up the pitch and leave his CB by his lonesome, I'll want to be attacking that CB directly.

Works the other way too, and if they've got a BWM somewhere, I'm keeping my playmakers away from them. 

I play 4-2-3-1.

If they play a narrow tactic I max our offensive width. Same when they get a red card and they change to narrow formation.

If they play a low block with many center backs and DM’s, I turn on ”be more expressive”, higher lines and max offensive width. Possibly also turn off work ball into box as box is crowded. But vs bad teams it works anyway.

When you play a good team away and they start attacking or positive, I think it works to start balanced when we use counters in our tactic.

Edited by Dreambuilder

I check the opponent wingers mainly and the forward, if the forward is pacy I put my fast CB there if not my tall one. Wingers, are they inverted or not, I then use similar footed fullbacks and also check acceleration /pace. In mid i choose whether to play my strong DM or rotate depending if they have strong midfield or not. That kind of stuff. i tend not to adjust my forwards to their back-line and go with the typical support forward + two inverted wingers.

Where the build up play starts and which position (or player) has most the ball. For example, if it's DM position; then I am giving an instruction to my AMC player to Mark Specific Player. With this method, you block their build up play; but during the match AI can change it, so you have to keep an eye.

Thanks guys. I think Bust the Net is uploading something sometime soon aslo. He uploaded some images of exactly the sort of thing I'm after on his X (twitter) a few days ago so eagerly awaiting that .