Chairman's Attributes

Hi all doing a tier 10 youth academy challenge and noticed the option isn't available to 'upgrade youth facilities'.

This isn't an issue at the moment because I'm in tier 10 but can see it being a problem later on in the save.

After researching the issue I think it could be down to the chairman's attributes being low for youth priority?

Can this be fixed by getting 'develop players through youth academy' in the club vision?

5 hours ago, GS_Ball said:

Hi all doing a tier 10 youth academy challenge and noticed the option isn't available to 'upgrade youth facilities'.

This isn't an issue at the moment because I'm in tier 10 but can see it being a problem later on in the save.

After researching the issue I think it could be down to the chairman's attributes being low for youth priority?

Can this be fixed by getting 'develop players through youth academy' in the club vision?

Check if your club owns the ground and training facilities. You can't upgrade facilities that don't belong to you.

16 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Check if your club owns the ground and training facilities. You can't upgrade facilities that don't belong to you.

Club owned ground and facilities.

I can ask the board to upgrade training facilities, youth coaching and youth recruitment but not youth facilities?

• SI Staff

If you don't have the option upgrade youth facilities it simply means your board are not interested in doing so currently. (This can change over time of course)

Different boards will be more willing/eager to upgrade youth facilities over others.

At least in FM22 in a long term save I upgraded to max facilities from adequate over the course of the save. My board to be fair were pretty good about upgrading until I hit superb. Then once my teams rep got to 4.5 stars training facilities were then able to be asked for an upgrade to state of the art. Youth facilities only came up as an option after I'd won the champions league and got to 5 stars. 

So I'd say it's partly rep related and also down to your chairman/board (ambition and youth priority. Finances will also play a part. They will need to be there to complete the upgrade but also depends possibly how good the financial management is. I tended to ask once we got some money in after promotion and staying up etc.

The main problem I have with the board is trying to get a second new stadium. I got a new stadium 4/5 years in. I was there 14 seasons maxing capacity for 5 seasons after all expansions had been completed (which they were very good about expanding) but they won't entertain a new stadium even though I can ask and even put forward and argument. They just say we can achieve here without moving. It's a 31.4k stadium in Germany. Not sure if it's because there is a hidden thing in the game that you have to be in a stadium 20 or 25 years that I've seen mentioned before. So it's ok but I want more capacity. Same goes for feeder clubs. Got to a certain amount but the board won't budge.