How to not make a farmer's league/make a competitive league?

Grechander

How can I make a competitive league in FM? I've been trying for months to make a competitive league but no matter what one team wins a couple of titles and the best player of every other team leaves on a free to that team, so they wind up winning the league every single time. Is there a way to make it so players are more loyal to their teams and it doesn't become a farmer's league for one team?

Edited by Grechander

• Grechander changed the title to How to not make a farmer's league/make a competitive league?
Justo ahora, Wolf_pd dijo:

What league are you making and in what context (region, continent, etc)?

I'm making an entirely fictional league with entirely fictional teams and players, the country I used as a base is Argentina

I presume then that the problem is a snowball effect.  If the reputation or rewards on offer for winning the league end up being too high, then one team winning it is going to make them odds on favourites to do it again. If they win again, they're stronger still, and on and on until they're largely untouchable.  The only way you could really stop that happening without intervening yourself would be to eliminate that boost as much as possible. Even then, certain teams are probably always going to rise to the top.

4 hours ago, forameuss said:

I presume then that the problem is a snowball effect.  If the reputation or rewards on offer for winning the league end up being too high, then one team winning it is going to make them odds on favourites to do it again. If they win again, they're stronger still, and on and on until they're largely untouchable.  The only way you could really stop that happening without intervening yourself would be to eliminate that boost as much as possible. Even then, certain teams are probably always going to rise to the top.

This exactly.

Another thing to note, you taking part in the competition or not makes a difference as well. During tests I do notice that competition on holiday or view-only will have a limited amount of champions as well.