FM2020 - Individual training changes on its own

Hi there,

I'll be brief:
- I despise ass man, so I haven't got one, all he does, is giving random "advice" during the matches and hiding the screen.

- In staff responsibilities, I have taken over the training of U19, U21 and 1st team.

Despite all these settings, every time I change my players training (every 2 months), it seems that some random players have gone back to factory settings, like a DC to DC - playing position, which is othing I ever use.

Why is it happening and raise my blood pressure?

I am supposed to enjoy that, not getting my blood booiled from random things happening in the game's algorithm.

It's annoying isn't it. I'm playing FM23 and it still happens randomly. I've done a search and I'm not aware of any fixes. Perhaps someone who is playing 24  can tell us if it happens in that version.

On 29/03/2024 at 16:53, toiletfootball said:

It's annoying isn't it. I'm playing FM23 and it still happens randomly. I've done a search and I'm not aware of any fixes. Perhaps someone who is playing 24  can tell us if it happens in that version.

Just found another player who was set by me to MC?BBM, but now, he is just MC default.

I always change their training every 2 months, but it is annoying that I don't even know when it changed and for how long they've been doing the right training, prior to the fluke change.

Posted (edited)

I also noticed lately, that it messes up the corners routines.

I'm playing this game since 1999 and I have developed some succesful routines.

In this version, it's putting my striker to attack outside the area, which I NEVER set and in match reality, they only stand by the penalty spot when the ball is already delivered, so no use of this.

I ALWAYS have the 2 fullbacks to stay behind and the BWM or DM "stay back if needed" and they seem to be in the 6 yard area.4

It has even randomly set my CB to take all throw-ins, which means that my defence was vulnerable in counter-attacks.

I need to be vigilant, because by the time I see all my defenders being out of place during a match, it'll be to late.

Edited by SpartanUTD

It still happens in FM24 too, its one of those little persistent bugs that moved from one version to the next and no doubt will always be in the game. I've added the individual training column to my squad view so I can see if it changes so I can change it back.

Can I play FM without steam?

Steam can't function with WIN8.1 anyway and I never really made any use of it.

Is there any way to go old school and directly start the game from my laptop?