FM24: Players being signed for free while on long contract?

Hi,

I have a problem in my save in FM 24, that I have never seen before in any FM. Players on my B team is being signed without me seeing an offer, or possibility for me to cancel/reject the offer. 
This is players that are on long contracts as well, in this case the player has more then 18 months left on his part time contact.
I just suddenly get a message saying "Offers made for X player". The player is already talking contracts with the club and I can't cancel the bits - all the buttons are greyed out. 
From what I can see, I'm responsible for all transfer related tasks - but again somehow they go around me.
Have I missed a setting somewhere, is this a bug or some weird rule in the danish football system for part time players that I simply can't find?

This is starting to annoy me quite a bit, because I have lost 4 players already to this and it's the main things making the board and supports angry. That the finance of the sale of these players where poor.
image.thumb.png.f86f1ffcc26c6c0b77f4957eb6cb36ad.png

Edited by Kegus

The optional extension is irrelevant if it hadn't been triggered but even based on the dates its not an end of contract approach, I don't know enough about the workings of the lower Danish leagues to know if it is something that could be allowed under the rules there. Probably worth a bug report with a save game before one of these players gets approached. Might also be worth checking to see if you are also able to approach other players in a similar situation. 

Thanks, I have created a bug report.

But don't know if it matters, I'm not in the lower leagues of Danish football - I'm in the best league in Denmark. Superliga.
I'm last, and likely going down - but that's another story :D

So found out why this is happening, it seems if a player is getting paid less than €100 p/w you can sign them for free.
Which seems really odd, and means the contract is kind of useless.
Now I'm wondering is this a Danish rule or a bug?

1 hour ago, Kegus said:

So found out why this is happening, it seems if a player is getting paid less than €100 p/w you can sign them for free.
Which seems really odd, and means the contract is kind of useless.
Now I'm wondering is this a Danish rule or a bug?

There was a bug a few years back where any player on a semi-pro deal could leave for free to get a full time deal, but that was fixed. Perhaps, and this is me guessing, the real rule has to do with wage or something? I don't know, but if you think it might be a bug, I'd report it in the bug tracker and let SI look at it. At the very least you'll get the "this is a real rule" answer if it's not. Though, I think that should be visible in the rules for the league in game...

• 4 weeks later...