How do I create a 3-2-4-1 with a 4-2-3-1 and a 4-3-3?

image.png.f84a8a0aea5f629d4732a9cfe15d5a05.pngimage.png.df59a99752aac06ce237803beb206318.png

This is currently what I am doing but I am not sure about the roles. I have put Take More Risks on the Libero in the 4-3-3. For the Volante in the 4-2-3-1, I added Take More Risks and Dribble more to try and get him to slide in next to the AM. Is there anything I am missing so far?

@SeanLaser Incidentally I just covered my own attempt to create 3-2-4-1 in attack from 4-2-3-1. My team has been doing very well because of it. It's a style that's very conductive to possession football and due to Positional Play ME changes it's been very powerful strategy in FM24.

In my last post of that thread I also showed a typical 433 formation that would similarly result in 3-2-4-1 in possession. Enjoy!

By the way, putting Libero on support is not necessary for it to move up in line with your DM. Defend duty is enough and leaves you less open during counters. I have only conceded 13 goals in 23 league games so far so it's been very solid defensively.

You can also refer to excellent threads by @Rashidi where he goes into quite a lot of detail on how to create this shape from both 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 and he always uses Libero with defend duty. 

Edited by crusadertsar

I currently am managing a 5th Division German so I don't have a Libero who can dribble more right now but that seems like a good idea for the future! Right now I am just telling him to dribble less and take easier passes to try and keep possession.