Promotion/relegation query.

EnigMattic1

When putting divisions at a level on the pyramid, does the division that a team gets relegated to/promoted from have to be directly below? 

For example, at present, my Canadian database is set up as CPL, L1, L1OC, U-Sports, CCAA. But, once the League2 leams are announced, I need to place League2 Ontario and League2 Alberta on the pyramid. 

Can I have League2 below the CCAA, or does it have to be below League1? If it has to be directly below, that will cause problems as League1 Ontario Championship (which will have relegation to League2 Ontario) isn't on the same level as League1 Alberta which has relegation to League2 Alberta. 

7 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

OK, looking at the wiki page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_soccer_league_system I see your issue.

If you set up things in basic rules, the fact that the competitions aren't in consecutive division levels will probably give errors.

I do it in advanced rules. I'm just curious as to whether or not League2 has to be directly below or not. I haven't added the leagues in yet, I'm just waiting for the rest of the teams to be announced before I add them in. They are due to start this year though. 

Hmm, I would expect the same there to happen to be honest, The only solution would be to specify to what competition relegation and promotion go, but I doubt it will solve the 'Competition X does not have the correct division level set, level Y expected' error.

On the other hand, it is the editor, it could work :D

37 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Hmm, I would expect the same there to happen to be honest, The only solution would be to specify to what competition relegation and promotion go, but I doubt it will solve the 'Competition X does not have the correct division level set, level Y expected' error.

On the other hand, it is the editor, it could work :D

I will backup my file and have a look and see what I can do. I will let you know what happens. It won't make much difference if I have to move League2 above U-Sports though.