I'm desperate at FM 23 and I need help

So I've been playing since FM 2013 ar least and I've never been so frustrated with my save. FM 23 is the first in years to give me so much struggle. I am already in 2045/46 season, I managed 4 great teams, but through all these years I won only 1 league title.. This is something that has never happened to me and i don't know what to do.. I just don't understand that version of FM. I tweak my tactics but it works for a little time and then we are **** once again. But I managed to win back-back UCLs with Leverkusen (so not everything is terrible). Somehow european competitions were easier for almost every team I've managed. Last season I sweeped Europa League with Bristol City, but finished 8th is EPL. I have great squad but we are not consistent, especially in away games. So I really need your help, because I start to think about dropping FM. And I always used to enjoy that game..

My current tactics:

Спойлер

image.png.75c839dee5085723c63a2a3e692415fd.png

My starting 11:

Спойлер

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Basically  every match I play looks like this:

Спойлер

image.png.f507e36f42d329aef74cf3e7a496d45c.pngimage.png.79f82836045b8890c844eb52438b47c7.pngimage.png.003b0fb38afaeea18de4557365440851.png

Every piece of help we'll be greatly appreciated

Edited by 44fob44
spoiler

2 hours ago, 44fob44 said:

So I've been playing since FM 2013 ar least and I've never been so frustrated with my save. FM 23 is the first in years to give me so much struggle. I am already in 2045/46 season, I managed 4 great teams, but through all these years I won only 1 league title.. This is something that has never happened to me and i don't know what to do.. I just don't understand that version of FM. I tweak my tactics but it works for a little time and then we are **** once again. But I managed to win back-back UCLs with Leverkusen (so not everything is terrible). Somehow european competitions were easier for almost every team I've managed. Last season I sweeped Europa League with Bristol City, but finished 8th is EPL. I have great squad but we are not consistent, especially in away games. So I really need your help, because I start to think about dropping FM. And I always used to enjoy that game..

My current tactics:

Hide contents

My starting 11:

Hide contents

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Hide contents

image.png.f507e36f42d329aef74cf3e7a496d45c.pngimage.png.79f82836045b8890c844eb52438b47c7.pngimage.png.003b0fb38afaeea18de4557365440851.png

Try reducing the number of goal scorers. Remove the SK(a), your goalkeeper is slow and has no first touch. 

I would suspect your issues are largely based around your management of squad morale. 

That pass map.  It's heavily weighted bottom left and much thinner top right.  Then overlay your roles against it.  The top right half of your formation MCR, AMR, CF.  They are selfish attack-duty roles, no cohesion, individuals making runs, shooting or dribbling, no interplay.  

I also like to balance more attacking mentalities with a couple of roles that hardcode 'take less risks', and vice versa on defensive mentalities.  

4 hours ago, Andros said:

not the OP, but can someone explain why the IF sup on the heatmap is higher than the AF and the IF att?

You can see a players mentality if you look in their PIs which can be a factor in these situations.

However more impact fully, the 9 has got "comes deep to get the ball trait" which is a significant part of what's happening here (a disastrous trait for an attacking forward). He's also slow, but he's a great player regardless. @44fob44 would get a lot more joy out the 9 as a DLF for the IF to play off of, esp with a CM(a) bombing on. Outspoken personality is a big question mark, check his media handling and see what's good. If you're recruiting inconsistent players to your squad, that could be the underlying issues with the lack of trophies. 

Another factor is mismatch in who can develop play within the side that @Robson 07 has touched on above. The BPD will be the primary central passer in the defensive third. A DM(d) could offer a better passing outlet as a DM(s), but in his current role and coupled with the CM(a) all the play is trafficked through the BBM (see pass maps). The IF(s)'s lower starting position makes him less isolated from the supporting cast than the other goal centric players and he's the natural outlet to the BBM regardless; so he receives the ball much more often.

He's wicked quick and he's told to go for it whenever he gets the ball based on his PIs which results in that high positioning. AF is neutered by his lack of pace/traits so he gets caught in between, and the IF(a) becomes completely left out on the right. 

Edited by Cloud9

16 hours ago, 44fob44 said:

My current tactics:

Reveal hidden contents

My starting 11:

Hide contents

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Reveal hidden contents

Taking a look at your other players, your DM is also a liability and will need to be played in a double pivot if you want to utilize him as a a holding DM. 

He's very slow and very weak. He also doesn't have a combo of agility + balance to make up for his 8 str in tackling situations. 8 aggression/stamina 9 is another big concern for a solo 6. 

He would be an exceptional deep lying playmaker next to an enforcer role. I would recommend changing formation entirely to a 4-2-3-1 and playing a DLP(s) + BWM(d). He's got some exceptional qualities and nice height, but his deficiencies will see you caught out in transitions in a serious way.

The 6 and the 9 are the two pivotal positions in a 4-3-3 imo (ie they need to be complete players), so that these two player's are a bit off is indicative of the struggles you're having.

As a final suggestion: I'd recommend loading less traits on to players if possible. This takes away from key development time and can really mess with your tactic. Usually I'd just do a trait if it was needed to make up for a deficiency or lean into an exceptional strength. 

Edited by Cloud9

17 часов назад, 44fob44 сказал:

My current tactics:

Скрыть контент

My starting 11:

Показать контент

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Показать контент

Change inside forwards for wingers or iw. Change AF for dlf(a) or pf(a). Your attacking players isolated from midfield in this roles/formation. 

Also check dm -> dlp for better creation of attacks from deeper positions. You need more creative player for this, but this is worth it

And I don't sure about higher tempo. You haven't enough time to move midfielders in attacking areas with this instruction 

Edited by Novem9