Gibraltar LLM?

Hello everyone,

Firstly I am new to the site however not new to FM (started 97/98) after the big change over I never played for a while and re started sort of about 2011 but really enjoyed 15 and 17 and played regularly since. I don't often play as a big team (so cant manage my team Aberdeen which also means I haven't really managed in Scotland). I enjoy playing positive football, to a certain amount of rules which I will mention below for this save. So what is my save?

Well my plan is to start in Gibraltar at the team predicted to finish last (not checked who it is yet). I know the rules are you need to play a certain amount of Gib players (which will hold me back especially in Europe if I make it there).  The reason for the question marks is Is the save really a LLM challenge it is the worst team in the worst playable league but there is only 1 division.

What if I get sacked??? I will move to Scotland and for the first time manage someone from the second division who is looking. I will have to apply for the role and reset my thinking but hopefully this doesn't happen.

Aims for this save:

1 - Get into European places,  2 - Win the League/Domestic Cup,   3 - Get into European group stage (probably Conference league),  4 - Get Out of a European Group Stage,  5 Make the Champions League group stage 6 - Sign and develop 18 yo with potential to hopefully become HG at club and Play for Gib 18yo to be able to play for Gibraltar (most likely Spanish players),  7 - Naturally take over the Gib national team (alongside club team) and take advantage of my players coming through ( the national manager is old but doesn't get sacked may take 5 -10 years for him to retire.)

Rules for me to follow -

Set up

Vanilla Game - No badges or experience - Attribute masking will be on - No use of the editor which I don't have anyway -

Rules

Recruiting - Only through scout reports or DOF no using player search. - Affiliate club is allowed - I will abuse loans if possible

Holidaying - Normally I do holiday through parts but this time I will be going for 0 days holidaying.

Staff - I will only recruit through job adverts until I have a technical director then I will hand over all that to him that is what he is there for.

Training - Team training Is left to the coaches that is why I employ them, Individual training I do because I see the bigger picture and know how I want to mould my players. 

Club - No moving unless sacked, then as before I will go to Scotland and try there or see if the second worst team in Gib are looking and apply :)

Tactics - Can use pre-set tactic (not saying I will) 

If you got this far thanks for reading and I will post updates as I go, Tell me what you think is there something else I should add or take away?  Oh and wish me luck. Or if you have done something like this get in touch. 

Happy FMing all and Happy new Year for 8 hrs time

I'm the total opposite of a LLM, but in my opinion, if by preset tactic you mean a downloaded one, I think that might raise some hackles. Probably even if you don't actually create your own tactic.

I think the problem with labelling something LLM is that those type of managers like to stick to the guidelines very strictly. Your rules do sound interesting, but I wouldn't use that label.

It would be fun of course if someone started a LLM challenge that lots of people could take part in, but I worry they'd discover why there used to be a LLM forum, but now there isn't. 

Edited by vikeologist

HI @vikeologistby preset i just mean one you can pic when it says set up tactic, I wont be downloading a tactic. 

O hi didn't realise there was a big thing about it I wont ask what are the extra rules I would have to follow or do I not want to know?

Should i have posted elsewhere? It is my first post on and don't really know where is best for what.

2 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

I'm the total opposite of a LLM, but in my opinion, if by preset tactic you mean a downloaded one, I think that might raise some hackles. Probably even if you don't actually create your own tactic.

I think the problem with labelling something LLM is that those type of managers like to stick to the guidelines very strictly. Your rules do sound interesting, but I wouldn't use that label.

Anyway, the CSE forum might be the wrong place to ask for advice. We are of course by far the nicest people on the whole site, but I suspect FM Career Updates people will have more expertise. Or just start a Gibraltar challenge on here where everyone can use their own guidelines,wherever on the LLM spectrum they fall.

It would be fun of course if someone started a LLM challenge that lots of people could take part in, but I worry they'd discover why there used to be a LLM forum, but now there isn't. 

I understand 'pre-set tactic' to mean pre-set by the game, eg clicking the ones recommended when you set your tactic at the start of your save. I can see that the OP could mean downloaded exploit tactics.

When you join Challenges set in this forum, you have to follow their rules. That's why I don't post here and post in the Careers one instead (and why I left the LLM forum way back in the day). I set my own restrictions, usually more harsh than normal. It's also a very popular forum - people enjoy well-written lower league stories there too. There's currently a bunch of us who al started with different clubs using a tier-13 Scottish database.

@phnompenhandy So i put this in the wrong location I do not expect anyone else to do my challenge this was just a way of documenting my own way and keeping me motivated should I cut and paste this across and delete this post or can someone move it there for me I don't want to get in trouble on my first day.  

Thanks again

3 minutes ago, James4293 said:

@phnompenhandy So i put this in the wrong location I do not expect anyone else to do my challenge this was just a way of documenting my own way and keeping me motivated should I cut and paste this across and delete this post or can someone move it there for me I don't want to get in trouble on my first day.  

Thanks again

https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/60-fm-career-updates/

Just come over here and start a new thread. Have a wee look at some others to see how we do. There's quite a diversity of style, given there are no rules!

A new Gibraltar thread has just been started, and there's a Liechtenstein one on the go.

Edited by phnompenhandy

Just now, James4293 said:

Thanks again

You won't be in trouble. If you want other people to do the same challenge as you, this is the best place. if you want encouragement and people to read / comment on your individual save, the Careers people are lovely. Not really possible to get in trouble either forum.