Finally caved and used Genie Scout to prove a point about player value.

Greg United 72

I know everyone complains that the players they want to buy are always too expensive and the ones they want to sell are too cheap, BUT - I have played more than 250,000 hrs on this game (maybe steam counts screen idle time as game play) - its unrealistic.
I appreciate that things affect value

• Length of remaining contract
  • Team reputation
  • League reputation
  • Playing time
  • Awards and trophies
  • Injuries

But using the Genie scout it became blatantly obvious that when looking at a list of say the top 50 players for a position, even if mine were in the top 5 of every position and on long contracts with reasonable wages, at a top 5 star club with great facilities and coaches, they were ALWAYS MILES CHEAPER IN VALUE THAN ANYONE ELSE. It gets the the point that you can instantly know from a  glance which players are yours because they have one less digit in the value, this is tottaly unrealistic, if a team goes undefeated and wins every cup it enters, how can a player be worth so little with a higher reputation... it feels like the game is gaming me?

As I said I have played this game a lot, written guides, learned almost all there is to learn but its always the same result, when winning your player values drop.. that makes no logical sense at all?

error.png

• 2 weeks later...

It can be added too that when offering a contract immediately everyone else in the universe wants the same player. But oh no... the AI deals with the player the same as with other clubs... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/01/2024 at 14:45, Brasilia88 said:

It can be added too that when offering a contract immediately everyone else in the universe wants the same player. But oh no... the AI deals with the player the same as with other clubs... 

This so true in my experience.  I play LL, you bring a free transfer in on trial, there is no interest apart from your club on his transfer screen. As soon as you offer a contract every other bugger wants him!