Thoughts on this tactic for LLM

what player instructions do you use?

One obvious issue might be your vulnerability down the flanks because youve got both wingbacks pushing forward.

Id say theres not much support around your target man either. Going to put a huge emphasis on him to hold the ball up to get you uo the pitch.

On 15/12/2023 at 16:33, trueblue9877 said:

download (2).jpg

Looks alright! I usually adopt a 4-4-2 or a 3-4-1-2 at lower leagues in a mid block since it's difficult to find a DM with height and reliable forward who is quick/tall. 

I think you might want to consider varying up a couple of the roles, particularly the two BBM (who are also profiles that are quite tricky to find). 

Aside from that, I would focus on getting the morale up significantly and things should start ticking over. 

Edited by Cloud9

You are kind of playing hoof ball but with only a single player to receive the ball. He also has to wait and hold on to the ball for quite some time for the players on support to finally show up. You either need more attacking roles (and add an extra striker) to play in this way or lower the tempo and work the ball up the pitch by short passes so your support players can come up with the ball and be dangerous. Your tactic is kind of in between and is not ideal.

I think it's a good basic rule to have 3 players on defend and 3 players on attack and go from there.

• 2 weeks later...

You need to be more attacking than that especially playing a TF, at lower league you need to score to win in this league because you are not keeping them out. 

Unless your team is a lot better than those around I cant see you winning the league, but I play attacking football at all levels even if just promoted because it is how I like to watch football (obviously being an Aberdeen fan) so I would at least have it positive if not attacking.

Do you have a second striker, or a AMC Shadow Striker? change your midfield to either 2 DM or 2 cm and use 2 strikers or 1 AMC and a SS?

Then fix your roles. One of your CM/DM need to be industrious ball winner other whatever your best one plays. Plus you don't really have anyone crossing to your TM (who I presume is lengthy) Push a WB on more or change one of the IF to a W.

I hope this helps people may disagree with me but I find attacking is better than defence up until the championship. 

And Lastly good luck and have fun experimenting obviously you need the right players to play the way I like and you might not have them. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/12/2023 at 07:36, Johnny Ace said:

You do like your mirrored tactics @trueblue9877 :)

I would mix it up a bit & I've never been a fan of lone TF's, I always like another strike partner with them

Okay so I did that and ended up with this which has been working quite well, is there anything here that would stick out as needing to be changed as a team that is expected to ginish 17th or lower in a league? 

Also I was trying to play a 4-4-2 but for whatever reason there was no defence  as you can see in the other tactic.

In the last two screenshots you can see another tactic that I was trying that was working with teams of a particular strength but then completely doesn't work if I am playing as a weaker team e.g. (the opposing team's XG scores go up by at least double if I am playing as a team with media predicted odds of 50-1) how can I prevent this.

download (6).jpg

download (5).jpg

download (8).jpg

download (7).jpg