2-3-2-3 DM Stay Wider problem

Hello! How can I achieve a similar formation in possession (with two diamonds in the midfield)? The biggest problem is caused by players  marked with a yellow circle. I have tried IWB and all types of DM/CM with Stay Wider PI, but they all take a position closer to the center often stacking together.

image.png.026638f257aecc0bbe58e578410c409c.png

5 hours ago, Plaguez said:

But it looks more like:

That's disappointing, and I feel like whilst the positional play features are great this year, player positioning is bit off in terms of creating these shapes and natural passing angles. Feels a bit awkward and leads to extra passes being played to get someone into space/free between the lines when a simple lateral shift would solve everything. The lines in possession are a bit flat; needs more depth and more lateral movement generally I feel.

try Mez(at) and Cm(at) on CM spots, Dm (su) and pair of IWB(su)

This add a little bit of freedom movement to player therefore more passing lanes and both CM on attack duty make a room for DM and IWB to progress the ball too.

It works well for me and create a 2-3-2-3 shape.

5 часов назад, RealDeal_3 сказал:

Have you tried FB(s) with sit narrower and cut inside with ball? Not sure it will create exactly what you’re wanting but they will definitely take up that position at times. 

Yeah, I've tried. FB(d/s) with Sit Narrower mostly stay too wide for me. Even with very narrow team attacking width.

6 часов назад, prodjgalaxyp сказал:

try Mez(at) and Cm(at) on CM spots, Dm (su) and pair of IWB(su)

This add a little bit of freedom movement to player therefore more passing lanes and both CM on attack duty make a room for DM and IWB to progress the ball too.

It works well for me and create a 2-3-2-3 shape.

Nah, it doesn't work for me. IWBs sit too narrow in most cases.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

3 часа назад, robot_skeleton сказал:

What about the IFB role instead? Wonder if two of those would give you what you are looking for.

IFB acts like normal FB (d) and stays closer to the touchline when I have two CDs. 

4.jpg

Edited by Plaguez

On 14/12/2023 at 19:13, Plaguez said:

Hello! How can I achieve a similar formation in possession (with two diamonds in the midfield)? The biggest problem is caused by players  marked with a yellow circle. I have tried IWB and all types of DM/CM with Stay Wider PI, but they all take a position closer to the center often stacking together.

image.png.026638f257aecc0bbe58e578410c409c.png

To achieve the shape youre after, id suggest pushing your fullbacks into the wingback slots with the role of WB/D but then have them sit narrower. I think this should do the job for you.

Id combine with a DM in the DM slot, perhaps a DM or DLP on support