Transfer & Loan System is severely annoying

Last edition of FM I didn't have this issue often, Clubs would show some common sense when dealing with loans, obviously there were some exceptions but this year seems to be broken. Well, not broken but not right.

So there are 3 players I targeted as potential loans to fill squad places.. 2 would have been fighting for starting place and the 3rd a squad player.

Callum Doyle (Man City) and Tyler Morton (Liverpool) both would have been fighting for starting spot as I am light in both positions. City and Liverpool would not budge on their demands of £125k playing fee, £250k non playing fee, 100% playing/non playing wages plus wanting a bonus of £850k. On both players I said I was happy paying full wages, Happy for both to be regular starters but both clubs refusing to even negotiate the "Playing/Non playing Fee" which I simply cannot afford to pay. 

Both players then went to other clubs for ZERO playing fee, Morton's loan club are paying all his £15k wages, While Doyle has ZERO playing fee and zero wages. Both have gone to clubs in the Championship, rather than to a newly promoted premier league team. 

Player 3 Ashley Phillips again went to a championship side for ZERO playing fee and zero wages.

Another annoyance - Went to sign a free player - Mario Hermoso was released by Atletico Madrid. No one else interested, agreed a contract and no soon as I had then Southampton who are still in the championship come in for him, he signs on for less wages and to a championship side over a Premier league team - Yes I know reputation plays a part here, but surely Southampton who weren't promoted and stuck in the Championship for a 2nd successive season should have taken a further reputation hit for failure to get promoted and therefore not even be in the running to sign him over a newly promoted team?

All of this makes very little sense. 3 players that would have got ample gametime with me moving on loan to a division below. Now before someone says "It's because you're in the same league as their respective clubs", I have a 4th shortlisted player Bouanani of Nice who is available for loan and again like the above 3 loans they just won't budge on any of the criteria they set. :rolleyes::idiot:

Didn't your parents ever tell you that you can't always get what you want? :lol:

Seriously though, I know that can be frustrating when you see the player has moved somewhere else on reduced terms, but you just have to move on to other targets, no point stewing about it. My own theory is SI do this deliberately to make it a little harder for the human player to sign every single player they go for to make it more of a challenge, but that's just conjecture. I have no idea if that's actually a thing or not. 

maybe the player had family there or a lover in that city and really doesn't like to go to your city accept fate and moving on is part of the difficulty of the game if we always mathematically get what we want this would be even easier than the game that many already call too easy.

The computer-controlled clubs do have some agency in these situations. They likely do at least a cursory analysis of your club to see if the playing time you're promising is likely. They may have decided the other teams were more likely to give their players playing time. You said yourself they'd be competing for places, rather than being a nailed-on starter. I do think reputation probably plays a little bit too much of a role in signings and that's likely what caused Hermoso to move to Southampton. I think rep should probably fluctuate more rapidly than it does and events like relegation should have a much bigger effect on it than they seem to have.