FM 10 on the iphone/ipod touch

Would an FM app for iPhones (and similar) be popular with fans?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Would an FM app for iPhones (and similar) be popular with fans?

No, because the PSP version is rubbish. Some stats are cut and the options are severely lacking. It also looks rubbish. I don't understand why they couldn't have put more on because it only took up about 60mb apparently and the UMD can hold 1.5gb.

That's a very strong opinion, and I would suggest you haven't had much experience with the game if you think it's 'rubbish'?

It's much more of a pick-up-and-play game - you can clear a season in just a few hours - and for someone who doesn't want to do the compilicated and sometimes dull parts of the game (training, press conferences, team talks etc) it is a great game.

I have. It would be great if I'd never played FM before. But I have and to see such a lack of detail is disconcerting. And I also found it difficult to navigate. The match engine is fine, it's everything else which isn't up to scratch. Also FM is not a pick up and play game and never will be.

I like to think of handheld games as "pick up and play" for 5-30 mins while you travel/holiday on the beach/hotelroom/bored at work etc

I dont think they could be game you play all day every day. Take the DS, most games you can jump in and out of without having to remember lots of stuff. With FM I find I have to learn players well and if I dont play a save often I loose momentum and forget how players play best.

No, because the PSP version is rubbish. Some stats are cut and the options are severely lacking. It also looks rubbish. I don't understand why they couldn't have put more on because it only took up about 60mb apparently and the UMD can hold 1.5gb.

Because the size of a UMD has more or less no bearing on what the game can and cannot do. The PSP game is harshly limited by the amount of RAM and processing power available on a PSP. The iPhone is much more powerful and I'd love to see it running an enhanced version of FMH. What I'd really hate to see is a lazy direct port of FMH because the iPhone is capable of better.

Archived