[FM24] Boston United FC - Non League to Champions League

theBlackPrince

11 minutes ago, theBlackPrince said:

I have, as the graphics below, introduced a 40 / 40 / 20 squad building which I will do my best to achieve each season to keep some continuity in the squad whilst bringing in Veterans and new players.

I like this approach. Good luck in Season 3!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
On 11/01/2024 at 12:22, THX2208 said:

Amazing love the graphics love the story  what a signing in deli Ali love how you done your own tactic s how long did it take to do :applause:

Thank you, the graphics are fun to make. The tactic didn't take too much, just a few changes in the first few seasons to match the squad!

The 2026/27 season is going much the same as the previous ones, But that L2 to Championship always seems to be where there is little difference in players and can move up rapidly. Season is really not over, a bad run could see us move down 3 or 4 spots with the top 4 all really in with a chance at glory this season.

I had never heard of Vivinho, I am not searching for players as the rules of this save are to only use recommendations or players who pop up organically. How the hell did a newspaper link me with this Brazilian AND he is available on a free? I do like the way he said Boston United was a big club!!! 

Season4L1(1).thumb.png.f6283f72250201141c340edcf786c8a9.png

Season4L1.thumb.png.00483545917738695fccb3821f576ddd.png

Season4L1(2).thumb.png.6eedcb75996a54ddaa208d568b8d1ba2.png

Swansea pipped us to the title, as I thought they would do. Maybe adding a few more loan signings was the wrong thing to do, or just maybe the 13 million pounds on the season extra they had to spend on wages was just too much to overcome. Happy with the silverware and If I'm honest, at one point I thought I was going to get overtaken in 2nd place by Millwall so just pleased to escape with automatic promotion! The pace should slow down now, the grind getting up the league is just one to get done as soon as possible, and if we are winning lets just keep winning and climbing the leagues. Championship I expect to be a tough nut to crack, we just cannot compete financially and the additional 1,000 seats in the stadium really wont do much!

Season4L1(14).thumb.png.2b407e75ad3b27a5e3c9bbab06374a49.png

Season4L1(12).thumb.png.e27c2f7f0fabc187888012e48284e992.png

Season4L1(11).thumb.png.dfe018ce523eca0e17e4f4bc20442ad7.png

Season4L1(13).thumb.png.e2c28a80e3058a952d8b22b0375ed8d6.png

12 hours ago, Maw74 said:

Just looked at this for first time, great work, love the effort and style, will be following from now on.:thup:

Thank you so much! Style will stay the same, hopefully more structure and content now we are up in the top Leagues and can slow it down a little!

Season 5 - The Championship - Overview

Decided to put a few words together for this season! What a frustrating pre-season filled with losing the back-bone of the promotion team due to silly wage demands. Players wanting £7,000 to £10,000 per week when my whole budget is £70,000 a week. So we say goodbye to many players who were good for League One and may have helped a little this year, but long term not worth the money and would be impossible to shift. Worst case, we put the youth in and head back down but do not put ourselves into a financial hole. I am also aware that our tiny 5,000 seater stadium is extremely lacking in revenue making compared to other teams. I think we have another 1,000 seats added for October but that wont add much.

We offered plenty of other players contracts with many choosing to drop down a level rather than come to Boston. Added to the blacklist and they will never come to play for us now. I am still hopeful of a few more signings to come in as we are short in a few area's, mostly striker and left sided fullback. I can stretch to another few players like Sonny Perkins and Eddie Beach on higher wages. Loan signings so far have proved a challenge with just the 1 coming in to date, all others are players who may be great in 3 years time, but we need Championship ready players this year.

I do expect to slow down a little and focus more on in season events now the drag of coming up the Leagues is almost done. I am only looking to avoid relegation this season, mid-table at the absolute best. There will be no shock promotion this season, which I really don't want this year. It should be hard to get out the Championship and I want it to be.

Season Aims

• Stabilise finances, try to bring in enough to keep the academy upkeep balanced.
  • Survive - anything more than that is a bonus.
  • Try to play at least 3 youth prospects each game and look to bring more along.
  • See about a larger stadium at some point if we survive.
  • Avoid spending the transfer budget unless necessary, we may need that elsewhere.

New Signing Alert - Veldin Hodža

Very excited by a player that was recommended by our scouts as "highly recommended" in Croatian Veldin Hodza. The central midfielder comes in on a free after playing for HNK Rijeka for several seasons. The 24 year old has 16 caps at under 21 level and comes in on a sensible £3,100 wage per week and takes up our second ESC spot. He has great physicals and no real weakness for the role we want for him, holding in the central midfield and stopping the opposition attacking. Language course it is and hopefully into the team shortly.

CopyofSeason5CH(5).thumb.png.8b822a320ce981d674c6bebe1b6630d8.png

New Signing Alert - Matt O'Riley

Well, we finally found someone we wanted to push our wages budget for with the signing of English born Danish player Matt O'Riley. After making over 80 appearances for Celtic, he will be the best player at the team and to get him to come to us shows the progression we are making as a football team. With 5 caps at under 21 level, his ability to play any of the central midfield roles helps to open up options in games. Really pleased his agent offered him out to us and hopefully he can earn back a squad topping wage with his performances.

CopyofSeason5CH(6).thumb.png.2f2232fcbf9366d5f8fc83fe63171a6d.png

Double signing incoming with two players from Europe coming to bolster the ranks, picked up on free transfers. Nikola Music from Bosnia and Jelle Debey from Belgium bring starting quality to the line-up with some room to grow. We are now maybe a little heavy in places and may need to reduce the squad in January window with just a striker lacking now.

CopyofSeason5CH(7).thumb.png.d1c4c5f217749ba1a484c29d32cd7b4d.png

The run of games was impressive, but we played most of the teams at the foot of the table who cannot buy a win. Expect results to even out over the next few months but we head to the Transfer Period opening and expecting to lose a few players and a few more to come in. Fulham have upset my Brazilian Vivinho with a poor bid, so we may see him as a casualty, but they will be paying much more as we triggered the extension in his contract! Oh, and they don't want to downgrade facilities despite the losses each month!

CopyofSeason5CH(9).thumb.png.9b7230cc2838e0eb257f7eb5e2490422.png

Transfer Window - 6 in 6 out

Extremely annoyed we lost Jelle Debey as he was a first team regular, but he would only sign with a small release clause to higher division clubs, so we got £875,000 for him 6 months after signing for free and we get him back on loan for the season. Vivinho was unsettled after Fulham came in for him and we decided to cash in with a £2,000,000 up front and another £1,650,000 in possible additional fees and 50% of any future transfer. Again, not bad for a free transfer. Madani Diagouraga was another Malian who came in, o work permit on a free so another free sold to make money.

We spent a little money on Ashton Muir from Celtic (Man City academy) and then landed a big free agency signing of Goncalo Bourges from Porto. The Portuguese player had been struggling to make an impact and short on confidence. He is on a high wage for us but he was worth taking a chance on as a top player for us and he may still be able to improve. Croatian Goalkeeper Emil Valentic looks to be a starter over Welsh international Eddie Beach who has been impressive over his 2.5 seasons with us. 

Robert Ramsak was a suggestion on Transfer deadline day from Bayern Munich and for a small wage contribution we took a late chance on a striker with Rees Gumbs struggling with injury once more and attracting offers from other clubs. Frederick Hogsholt would also come in for free from Esbjerg.

CopyofSeason5CH(12).thumb.png.c2929726714f73194d369b58c2964824.png

CopyofSeason5CH(10).thumb.png.f1c74ca8178b463ed65eb32092a45ff2.png

CopyofSeason5CH(14).thumb.png.18ee18f63c9759858ef0820a38c5fe83.png

CopyofSeason5CH(11).thumb.png.11d29bad21ac1d6be99a4d7ddebfda73.png

Edited by theBlackPrince

Garang Koul SIgned - Huge Signing for Boston United

Wow, what a shock signing for Boston United as highly rated Australian International Garang Koul signs on a 4 year deal with a £25,000,000 release clause. After coming to England with Newcastle he has struggled to make an impact with his last real playing time with Lincoln City in the Championship in 2024/25. A fresh start and a new focus will hopefully bring the best out of him.

CopyofSeason5CH(18).thumb.png.066b044c20d3dfa6357b2e55418026ac.png

Takeover - Completed it!

3 days from rumours to new owners and £8,250,000 invested. Not a sugar daddy or big investment but it will all help. Asked straight away about building a new stadium, no wonder the previous owner had not given me an answer all season! Least he was a local investor....

CopyofSeason5CH(19).thumb.png.afb5a436b7261bdbcc3e82db5d60a021.png

I thought I had done the stats and end of season report, looks like I had only done this. We ended up not able to sustain the levels and as the season dragged on, we would finish 10th, a good 12 points from the play-off spots. What a season to even have been up as high as 6th at one point. We made some fantastic signings and managed to keep working towards our aims. To top it off a takeover with a new local owner. Exciting times for Boston United.

New direction coming shortly for the new season.....

CopyofSeason5CH(24).thumb.png.09e3f170238e812588e63c3b4bb3f06a.png

On 16/01/2024 at 10:30, theBlackPrince said:

Season 5 - The Championship - Overview

Decided to put a few words together for this season! What a frustrating pre-season filled with losing the back-bone of the promotion team due to silly wage demands. Players wanting £7,000 to £10,000 per week when my whole budget is £70,000 a week. So we say goodbye to many players who were good for League One and may have helped a little this year, but long term not worth the money and would be impossible to shift. Worst case, we put the youth in and head back down but do not put ourselves into a financial hole. I am also aware that our tiny 5,000 seater stadium is extremely lacking in revenue making compared to other teams. I think we have another 1,000 seats added for October but that wont add much.

We offered plenty of other players contracts with many choosing to drop down a level rather than come to Boston. Added to the blacklist and they will never come to play for us now. I am still hopeful of a few more signings to come in as we are short in a few area's, mostly striker and left sided fullback. I can stretch to another few players like Sonny Perkins and Eddie Beach on higher wages. Loan signings so far have proved a challenge with just the 1 coming in to date, all others are players who may be great in 3 years time, but we need Championship ready players this year.

I do expect to slow down a little and focus more on in season events now the drag of coming up the Leagues is almost done. I am only looking to avoid relegation this season, mid-table at the absolute best. There will be no shock promotion this season, which I really don't want this year. It should be hard to get out the Championship and I want it to be.

Season Aims

• Stabilise finances, try to bring in enough to keep the academy upkeep balanced.
  • Survive - anything more than that is a bonus.
  • Try to play at least 3 youth prospects each game and look to bring more along.
  • See about a larger stadium at some point if we survive.
  • Avoid spending the transfer budget unless necessary, we may need that elsewhere.

what a great save mate great players as well do you think you got lucky with the choice of players available to you say if you started again do you think you would get them again :applause:

TitlePage(3).thumb.png.9bb7dfee4bcf6a8a25ddf3af3a848add.png

We start season 6 with the shift away from the previous system to implement the Youth only and Lincolnshire born/trained system. As you can imagine, outside the youth side we have, it is slim pickings. We were able to bring in a few players to help bolster the ranks but we are now extremely un-prepared for this season and could be well out of our depth!

With selling all our players and brining in a huge amount of money we did manage to get an upgrade on the Stadium by 2,551 seats but we share Lincoln City's ground this season, which doubles our capacity which will help!

Season6.thumb.png.015b7a41d6dcaf6391f287b32660471d.png

Season6(1).thumb.png.eaacf8b2388eeed0e7f2595761de0762.png

Season6(2).thumb.png.a8dee744e47f617efabb9dc446d35dec.png

Season6(3).thumb.png.41e516ad91196aa4811998ea8d6d719a.png

On 22/01/2024 at 15:37, THX2208 said:

what a great save mate great players as well do you think you got lucky with the choice of players available to you say if you started again do you think you would get them again :applause:

No, I don't think would get the same players another time around, not without looking for them. I guess with different PA it would be different even with the same players as some will be better or worse.

Appreciate you checking in once more!!