Clubs going extinct while Competition Test

crooy3

A strange thing occurred in my file for the Bosnia & Herzegovina leagues.

While trying to Test Competition inside pre-game editor some clubs are going Extinct during the test process.

Never saw something like that.

I have a division with 16 clubs and was getting an error that there is only 13 clubs found. Got around that by setting a minimum and maximum number of clubs, so verifying got through and in the game, there is no problem. Tested for 200 seasons (yes, 200, something for my YT channel) and there is no problem in the game. Number of 16 clubs stayed for all 200 seasons.

But then I wanted to activate lower leagues and then even bigger problem occured - even more clubs dissapears throughout the process.

So here is the league from first example. 16 clubs, but only 13 showed in Test.

Screenshot2023-11-11at03_05_38.thumb.png.267f6ae4eef139d37c4a9acded2b5b32.png

And look at this clubs. The Extinct box is checked, but not by me. It happened after I run the Test.

Screenshot2023-11-11at03_07_56.thumb.png.6db7088d9538551bdad6bc4f824c324d.png

And it's always the same three clubs that are going Extinct no matter how many times I create a new test.

This is a bug that has been reported. Odd that it is the same three teams, something they have in common compared to the other teams, like reputation or something?

One thing i have noticed many years ago in (I think) FM16 was that if your competition was set to 16 and you would add teams without setting up the competitions to have 20, teams that would be over the 16 team limit would be set to extinct. Looks a bit like this. So maybe check in your rules that it is requesting the correct amount of teams everywhere.