It's Tottenham Mate- the Ange revolution

Dustman2015

totts.png.b33db56f6c876bf1d3ada8cf1feae188.png

Tottenham are an incredibly fun team to manage with loads of wonderkids and potential to bounce back in the league sooner rather than later.

Why manage Tottenham: 

-Their season expectations are only for a top half finish (which is so easily achievable)

-They are LOADED in wonderkids (Mikey Moore, Pape Matar Sarr, Destiny Udogie, Ashely Phillips, Alfie Dorrington, Jamie Donley to name a few)

-They made awesome summer signings in real life: James Maddison, Brennan Johnson, Mickey Van De Ven, Vicario

- A fun attempt to recreate Ange's tactics

-You can sell players and get a large transfer budget. 

My first year transfers:

Screenshot2023-11-05230952.thumb.png.badc3b83b4a0c0e6680f368e9bdc18ea.png

Outgoings: I had no intention to sell Bissouma or Richarlison but the Saudi bids were too tempting. Being able to offload PEH, Lo Celso, and Royal for their fees were incredible.

Incomings: After signing some for the future with loan back clauses (Edwards, Nagalo, Ouedragao, Vitik, Muzambo) I signed players to fill out the squad. Fofana was brilliant as a HB for me; and  Ferguson was my Harry Kane replacement. He was immense and only Haaland scored more goals than him on the year. Morato flopped a bit for me, while Gnonto was wayyy better than expected as a super sub/rotation player.

Screenshot2023-11-05231122.thumb.png.baa716b989ef38a352e76bb91f01f2cc.png

I was able to win my first title with Spurs in a long time. We didn't lead for most of the season, but a late win over City and Liverpool in a 3 week span shot us into first. Ferguson scored a double to clinch the title. 

How have you guys got along with Spurs?

love it i won the double with spurs first season but won the league by 10 points did double over arse city liverpool and chelsea! also had a lot of help with saudi money although it was newcastle who brought bissouma for £47m, i brought in ferguson, mitoma (brighton got relegated after selling them to me) eze, roony bardgahi, perr shuurs, walker peters, sarmardzic, then end of first season al nassr bid £115 million for 32 year old SOn who had a year left on contract and wouldnt sign a new one so i have replaced him with victor osimhen!! also got in reece james and fodon as they was both transfer listed (pep got sacked and replaced by simeone!) got scalvini and kephren thuram in to, and have started the season well again!

9 hours ago, propermad said:

love it i won the double with spurs first season but won the league by 10 points did double over arse city liverpool and chelsea! also had a lot of help with saudi money although it was newcastle who brought bissouma for £47m, i brought in ferguson, mitoma (brighton got relegated after selling them to me) eze, roony bardgahi, perr shuurs, walker peters, sarmardzic, then end of first season al nassr bid £115 million for 32 year old SOn who had a year left on contract and wouldnt sign a new one so i have replaced him with victor osimhen!! also got in reece james and fodon as they was both transfer listed (pep got sacked and replaced by simeone!) got scalvini and kephren thuram in to, and have started the season well again!

Whoah!!!

can I see your signings? And what formation did you play?

On 10/11/2023 at 18:36, Dustman2015 said:

Are you playing Son out left then??

Yes on the left. Alternating Son and Richarlison on the left and also Hulk and Richarlison up top.

So far just in Premier League its

Son 15 games (1 subbed on), 5 goals, 5 assists

Richarlison 13 games (6 subbed on) , 9 goals, 4 assists

Hulk 11 games, 14 goals (7 subbed on), 3 assists

18 hours ago, ThanatosAFC said:

Spurs defo need a 3th quality CB, who you guys bring in?

Typically I bring in Maxence Lacroix from Wolfsburg to back up/compete with Romero. He has great pace for our high line. Roughly 25m

Then I bring in David Carmo from Porto for 16.75m to back up VDV. He’s a lefty and makes passes that are dreams.

What formations have you guys been playing?

Ive been doing a 433

AF

IF-a.                            W-S

AP-s.      Mez-a

HB-d

WB-s.   BPD-d x2.      WB-s

Bissouma Betancur and Maddison have tore up the midfield for me

Just setting up a Spurs save so see how it goes!

Got some great young talent which is my aim to nurture through and only buy supporting players around this. Aim of the first season is to ensure I clear out as many of the squad that I don’t see a future for and ensure we hit Europe next year. 

Just finished my 1st season and finished 2nd plus won the Carling Cup.

Now Dier and Davies want to leave but I'm not bothered about this. However Son has no intention on signing a new contract with 1 year left.

So that could be all 3 Team leaders gone

On 24/11/2023 at 17:53, tomzo_2 said:

Just setting up a Spurs save so see how it goes!

Got some great young talent which is my aim to nurture through and only buy supporting players around this. Aim of the first season is to ensure I clear out as many of the squad that I don’t see a future for and ensure we hit Europe next year. 

Mikey Moore, Lankshear and Dorrington can be all world class

7 hours ago, reece1973 said:

Just finished my 1st season and finished 2nd plus won the Carling Cup.

Now Dier and Davies want to leave but I'm not bothered about this. However Son has no intention on signing a new contract with 1 year left.

So that could be all 3 Team leaders gone

You might need to cash in on Sunny from Saudi 

Half way through the first transfer window and cleaned out a lot of the first team and I currently have a lot of unhappy players that are left.

I am aiming to have a squad of 25 players so had to bring the numbers down and not really invested to heavily either.

First port of call was to reject Bissouma bids. Saudi offers came in at £55 million and didn’t allow any wiggle room so I rejected them. First unhappy player.

Second one was Ryan Sessegnon who told me he would be considering his options. I was unable to sell him but had a few loan bids (Bournemouth and Newcastle) so accepted and spent 8 mill on Valentin Barco.

With that I then put all the players I wanted to get rid of on the Transfer List:

Eric Dier, Ben Davies, Hugo Lloris, Fraser Forster, Perisic, Solomon.

And yet the next player out the door was Romero to Al-Hilal for 62 Mill. Although I didn’t want to sell him he wanted to go.

Off the back of this sale I wanted to ensure I had correct defensive cover so spent the cash - 40 mill - on Jean-Clair Todibo. I want to blood Phillips and Dorrington so will be try to use them with these two as my starters but appreciate this may change in January if not going to plan. 

Then started to gather momentum with sales and recouped wages:

Manor Solomon sold to Ajax 17.25 rising to 23.5mill

Ben Davies for 12.25 although the board tried to block this sale as they felt the value was too far under his value. Eric Dier for 17mill and Perisic for 400k. Along with a few U21’s that aren’t good enough. 

Now just awaiting game to see what other bids I can get - ideally Emerson & Hojbjerg (although happy to keep) Bryan Gil and Richarlison.

I didnt realise attracting talent/players to Spurs would be so difficult. Tried to buy a host of players in the last few days of the window and either being quoted large wages or not interested to move to Spurs. Didn't manage to shift any further players out and didnt get any in.

And then a real poor start to the season. Lost to Liverpool away 2-1 and then blew a 2 nil lead at homes to Wolves to lose 2-3. Finally managed to see a small change as beat Brentford at home 2-1.

12 hours ago, tomzo_2 said:

I didnt realise attracting talent/players to Spurs would be so difficult. Tried to buy a host of players in the last few days of the window and either being quoted large wages or not interested to move to Spurs. Didn't manage to shift any further players out and didnt get any in.

And then a real poor start to the season. Lost to Liverpool away 2-1 and then blew a 2 nil lead at homes to Wolves to lose 2-3. Finally managed to see a small change as beat Brentford at home 2-1.

the lack of any european football is a real hindrance in the 1st window

17 hours ago, tomzo_2 said:

Half way through the first transfer window and cleaned out a lot of the first team and I currently have a lot of unhappy players that are left.

I am aiming to have a squad of 25 players so had to bring the numbers down and not really invested to heavily either.

First port of call was to reject Bissouma bids. Saudi offers came in at £55 million and didn’t allow any wiggle room so I rejected them. First unhappy player.

Second one was Ryan Sessegnon who told me he would be considering his options. I was unable to sell him but had a few loan bids (Bournemouth and Newcastle) so accepted and spent 8 mill on Valentin Barco.

With that I then put all the players I wanted to get rid of on the Transfer List:

Eric Dier, Ben Davies, Hugo Lloris, Fraser Forster, Perisic, Solomon.

And yet the next player out the door was Romero to Al-Hilal for 62 Mill. Although I didn’t want to sell him he wanted to go.

Off the back of this sale I wanted to ensure I had correct defensive cover so spent the cash - 40 mill - on Jean-Clair Todibo. I want to blood Phillips and Dorrington so will be try to use them with these two as my starters but appreciate this may change in January if not going to plan. 

Then started to gather momentum with sales and recouped wages:

Manor Solomon sold to Ajax 17.25 rising to 23.5mill

Ben Davies for 12.25 although the board tried to block this sale as they felt the value was too far under his value. Eric Dier for 17mill and Perisic for 400k. Along with a few U21’s that aren’t good enough. 

Now just awaiting game to see what other bids I can get - ideally Emerson & Hojbjerg (although happy to keep) Bryan Gil and Richarlison.

Who else have you brought in?

8 hours ago, Dustman2015 said:

Who else have you brought in?

I bought in Barco for 8 Million as back up LB and Todibo. That was it.

Tried to buy Joe Gomez, Wan-Bissaka, McTominay (Listed) & Bajectic (Extortionate wages), Bardghji, Elliott (No Interest). Tried to buy Omishen, Sesko, Jota (No interest). 

4 hours ago, reece1973 said:

Sold Sonny as he had no intention in signing a new contract and bid for Osimen.

He asked for 300k in wages then turns us down for the Gooners on 115k

I freaking hate the gooners. Ferguson has been absolute class for me. Also Konate from RB Salzburg is class too

West Ham manager, Moyes has just resigned to take over at Austria beginning of Dec 23 in my save. How random is that?

Seen a few sackings already - Arteta has gone with Arsenal down in 12th. Howe from Newcastle 14th. Will do a bit of an update in Jan of my save.

On 28/11/2023 at 16:01, tomzo_2 said:

West Ham manager, Moyes has just resigned to take over at Austria beginning of Dec 23 in my save. How random is that?

Seen a few sackings already - Arteta has gone with Arsenal down in 12th. Howe from Newcastle 14th. Will do a bit of an update in Jan of my save.

In my 2nd season Zidane is at Man Utd, Emery at Arsenal, Nagelsmann at Villa, Valverde at Chelsea, Blanc at Wolves

Started a brand new save with a shape in mind.

Saudi came shopping fast and flashy. here are my ins and outs.

Screenshot2023-11-29at12_09_42PM.thumb.png.39bdbe9d072c5516fce82de54b28c54c.png

The Signing that has made the biggest impact so far has been Dybala who is killing it in my AM (a) spot. Galeno has been a class left winger as I wanted to play Son up top. Larsen has been an incredible off the bench striker who gives us an aerial presence to change up the attack. Brought back Edwards and KWP to have Home grown players at the club for Europe next year.

About a quarter of the way through the year we sit in 4th with a defeat to Liverpool and two draws vs United and Chelsea. Champions league is the hope for this year.  Screenshot2023-11-29at12_08_28PM.thumb.png.efc7fed82ed239b127195ffb1302fb1f.png

Here is how I'm lining up. Lots of goals while really only giving up a few counters.Screenshot2023-11-29at12_24_01PM.thumb.png.ba9f29c0d1791cab39d2a6d66be07042.png

Just won the league. I’ll post screenshots later but it was a tight race. We pulled a bunch of stuff from late;

we had some unlikely heroes….Brennan Johnson had 11 goals and 11 assists while being a super sub/ rotation player…. Destiny Udogie had 6 goals all of which seemed to seal 3 points… Oliver Skipp was the perfect Halfback and Ashley Phillips had a brace in a must win game vs Everton while filling in for an injured VDV. 

I wasn’t convinced by Son through the middle. I will probably play him out left and look to sign and true #9

11 hours ago, Dustman2015 said:

Just won the league. I’ll post screenshots later but it was a tight race. We pulled a bunch of stuff from late;

we had some unlikely heroes….Brennan Johnson had 11 goals and 11 assists while being a super sub/ rotation player…. Destiny Udogie had 6 goals all of which seemed to seal 3 points… Oliver Skipp was the perfect Halfback and Ashley Phillips had a brace in a must win game vs Everton while filling in for an injured VDV. 

I wasn’t convinced by Son through the middle. I will probably play him out left and look to sign and true #9

Not sure on this tactic.., But whatever works! Interesting you have mentioned Phillips scoring as he has been brilliant for me come up to Jan in my first season. I'm playing a 442 formation and barely played anybody other than 3 CM's (Bentacur, Bissouma, Sarr) - Maddison & Kulusevski off the flanks have been brilliant. Got a lot of players in the squad that I dont know what to do with - Namely Son, Richarlson, Johnson. Stats arent that good and also hit and miss when playing them in the preferred formation. Hopefully get to January over the weekend for a full overview!

10 hours ago, tomzo_2 said:

Not sure on this tactic.., But whatever works! Interesting you have mentioned Phillips scoring as he has been brilliant for me come up to Jan in my first season. I'm playing a 442 formation and barely played anybody other than 3 CM's (Bentacur, Bissouma, Sarr) - Maddison & Kulusevski off the flanks have been brilliant. Got a lot of players in the squad that I dont know what to do with - Namely Son, Richarlson, Johnson. Stats arent that good and also hit and miss when playing them in the preferred formation. Hopefully get to January over the weekend for a full overview!

Yeah it's definitely a touch leaky, but the football it produces in the match engine is so fun to watch. It produces triangles all over the pitch with the movement of the IWB's and the HB. Also feels like this is the 1st FM in years that has made winger (the role) play amazing.

So now in January 2024. After my two losses in the first two games managed a good run of 7 wins on the trot (2 in the Carabao Cup) before losing 1-0 to Chelsea away. Tight game where our XG was much higher so frustrating. Following was Man United and we went 2 nil down in the first 20 minutes but ended up 6-2. So pleased with that.

Top scorer first half of the season was Richardson 10 goals in 20 appearances.

Top Assists Son with 9 from 17 appearances.

Great news is Jamie Donley has been really useful with 8 starts and 10 sub appearances and 8 goals and developing very nicely.

Currently sat in 2nd although City a point behind with a game in hand. W13 D2 L5

Ideally would like to get rid of all: Son (18 months left on his contract), Richarlson (Not sure where to play him not a St & not a winger), Gil, Lo Celso, Hojbjerg, Johnson and replace the lot. Highly unlikely but we shall see but found the lot to be frustrating at times. 10 of my players are wanted so see what happens there. 

Chelsea seem to be the bogey team, lost to them twice in the league.

Advice - use the kids!! Donley and Veliz have both scored 8 goals each. Ashley Philips has been solid when called upon (more than I wanted too!!) with 10 starts due to injuries and favourable cup games.

1 hour ago, tomzo_2 said:

So now in January 2024. After my two losses in the first two games managed a good run of 7 wins on the trot (2 in the Carabao Cup) before losing 1-0 to Chelsea away. Tight game where our XG was much higher so frustrating. Following was Man United and we went 2 nil down in the first 20 minutes but ended up 6-2. So pleased with that.

Top scorer first half of the season was Richardson 10 goals in 20 appearances.

Top Assists Son with 9 from 17 appearances.

Great news is Jamie Donley has been really useful with 8 starts and 10 sub appearances and 8 goals and developing very nicely.

Currently sat in 2nd although City a point behind with a game in hand. W13 D2 L5

Ideally would like to get rid of all: Son (18 months left on his contract), Richarlson (Not sure where to play him not a St & not a winger), Gil, Lo Celso, Hojbjerg, Johnson and replace the lot. Highly unlikely but we shall see but found the lot to be frustrating at times. 10 of my players are wanted so see what happens there. 

Chelsea seem to be the bogey team, lost to them twice in the league.

Advice - use the kids!! Donley and Veliz have both scored 8 goals each. Ashley Philips has been solid when called upon (more than I wanted too!!) with 10 starts due to injuries and favourable cup games.

I have never been able to get anything out of Richarlison.... Brennan Johnson has been incredible for me as an attacking right winger though. Like AMAZING.

10 hours ago, Dustman2015 said:

I have never been able to get anything out of Richarlison.... Brennan Johnson has been incredible for me as an attacking right winger though. Like AMAZING.

He’s been better recently for me but 17 appearances 1 goal 5 assists. 

January transfer window completed and not what I wanted. Just an early caveat - the way that I play FM is to only sign under 21's or those that are transfer listed that I think have future value to turn a profit. With that in mind:

Out:

Bissouma out for 66Million - Didnt want to sell but wanted to leave - ended up at Liverpool.

In:

Stefan Bajcetic 27.5 Million

Gianluca Prestianni 9 Mill

Went after a few signings but some of the wages being asked for was madness. So before I signed Prestianni after I tried to buy Roony Bardghji was asking for wages of 110k at 18 and that was reduced from 150k. 

I also went after a few other transfer listed players:

Scott McTominay - wanted 12 Million but in the summer only wanted 6.5million and wouldnt budge.

Thiago Silva - Preferred less wages and a return to Brazil

Have managed to make the final of the Carabao Cup against Arsenal...

2 hours ago, tomzo_2 said:

January transfer window completed and not what I wanted. Just an early caveat - the way that I play FM is to only sign under 21's or those that are transfer listed that I think have future value to turn a profit. With that in mind:

Out:

Bissouma out for 66Million - Didnt want to sell but wanted to leave - ended up at Liverpool.

In:

Stefan Bajcetic 27.5 Million

Gianluca Prestianni 9 Mill

Went after a few signings but some of the wages being asked for was madness. So before I signed Prestianni after I tried to buy Roony Bardghji was asking for wages of 110k at 18 and that was reduced from 150k. 

I also went after a few other transfer listed players:

Scott McTominay - wanted 12 Million but in the summer only wanted 6.5million and wouldnt budge.

Thiago Silva - Preferred less wages and a return to Brazil

Have managed to make the final of the Carabao Cup against Arsenal...

Bajcetic looks absolute class in my save. Who will you play as your DM? Skipp or him?

No both DM - supports. Allows a compact low block which means the full backs support the attacking 4. Ends up with the wingers behind the forwards in an attacking phase and a back six while out of possession.

Anyway played the Carabao Cup final against Arsenal and was possibly the most Spursy result going...:

image.png.bff35d2f05e08cd50eb29a1c72f28e3f.png

And then lost on Penalties...

7 hours ago, tomzo_2 said:

No both DM - supports. Allows a compact low block which means the full backs support the attacking 4. Ends up with the wingers behind the forwards in an attacking phase and a back six while out of possession.

Anyway played the Carabao Cup final against Arsenal and was possibly the most Spursy result going...:

image.png.bff35d2f05e08cd50eb29a1c72f28e3f.png

And then lost on Penalties...

As a spurs fan I'm not sure which hurts more... losing that way or losing that way to Arsenal.