Real Betis - FM 24 - Revolución

Jamie Cortez

Real Betis - Wikipedia

I don't know if there has ever been a dedicated Real Betis journey thread on these forums....So i thought i would make one! That other local team shouldn't be the only one in the spotlight.

Sevilla – Estadio Benito Villamarin – Estadios de España

Stadium: Benito Villamarin

City: Sevilla

Capacity: 60,720

Training Facilities: Great

Youth Facilities: Great

Finances: Secure

Transfer Budget: £2.5M

Media Prediction: 8th

Objectives: Work within wage budget (£864,284)

Reach at least the knockout stages of the Europa League

Qualify for the Europa League

Reach the latter stages of the Copa del Rey

Notable Transfers

Ez Abade, Sergi Altimira, Isco, Chadi Riad, Marc Bartra, Hector Bellerin, 

Betis 23-24 Home, Away & Third Kits Leaked - Footy Headlines

Edited by Jamie Cortez

Squad

image.png.a0bb5b60e96fa4eb1b04e9a16a35ef6b.png

There are some notable pre game transfers out that will be a loss to the team in terms of quality, notably Luiz Felipe the standout CB of the squad departs for a rather miserly £21.5M, Raul Garcia a young forward with good potential for £6.5M and although aging Sergio Canales heads out for £12.75.

The transfer budget and wages are tight, so tight that you may want to adjust your budget and divert some of your transfer budget to wages, you won't be able to afford contracts otherwise, the youth team is largely bereft of any upcoming talent Assane Diao is the only prospect he has good Physical attributes but his mental and physicals are lacking, you can certainly find 18yr olds with much better stats.

image.thumb.png.8b9182ad0357872ebe984fc62b8a9e6a.png

Overall the squad can best be described as average, it is in dire need of an injection of quality and the only means to achieve this is to look at shipping out your current assets to reinvest the proceeds into young hungry and most importantly profitable talent as year on year you are likely to need to sell assets to rebuild this team and lead the team to the ultimate conquest of LaLiga and Champions League football.

Now the intro part is done...onwards to my adventure.

I did indeed divert some of the transfer budget into wages, pretty stuck for options otherwise i am almost certain there will be limited further signings playing on "Real World" i managed to snag Martin Vitik for £1M upfront and 5M over instalments he will replace Felipe in defence but he looks to be an absolute beast that in the long run will sell for profit, i also picked up the venerable David De Gea who starts on a free transfer, his wages are acceptable and he will be a first choice keeper given Claudio Bravo's age.

image.thumb.png.a1753e83ae6510bdd4042fb0f0fa2c64.png

Transfers out i was hoping to sell Guido Rodriguez, the squads remaining prize asset has 12 months left on his contract, with no interest in renewing so better to cash in now than lose him on a free, Brighton came in with a £40M which i accepted as a pretty good deal and i started to consider how i would spend that cash...only for Rodriguez to snub Brighton entirely, Transfer window now shut he simply has to leave in January probably for less than £40M :(.

Long term i also plan to sell Nabil Fekir, he begins the game injured and is on an obscene £105kpw for a club with a budget of £860k that simply can not continue he is also 30 so once fit the time is right to explore his exit to free up the wage budget.

My chosen formation is a 343 and my supposed "Best XI"  Iglesias scored 8 in 8 which relegates Fekir now back from injury to the IF role.

image.thumb.png.80de24cae5b1d964332d983565f94ec7.png

Eight games into the season and i am currently in 4th place with a notable 0-0 draw against Barcelona.

image.png.9639afaed5bb08b074dd7e69cefcf774.png

I will come back to update once the next Transfer window is done in January.

image.png

Edited by Jamie Cortez

image.png.37002fbdb2438d97774947e39a90f8c8.png

End of January Transfer Window, current league position beyond all expectations and 2nd in LaLiga even netting a 3-1 win away at Real Madrid, Europa League was a wild ride, we lost the opening 2 games of our "easy" group drawing the third, with elimination on the cards we somehow turned this around winning the following 3 games to qualify top of the group!:eek:

image.thumb.png.4a3d33af79d65b99ff78b12f7ea46c3c.png

January transfer window was busy with numerous outgoings and young promising players coming in, as the start of the thread these are players that will be sold for profit in a year or two to continue funding the club.

image.thumb.png.e260d51dab70cdd4e191bbd66d7ea674.png

Notable signings

Roony Bardghji

image.thumb.png.685472de14a9b4fd7fe4f65e42f659d4.png

Alvaro Fidalgo

image.thumb.png.60e1d53ecf1078ba098a96160671e93e.png

Ezequiel Fernandez

image.thumb.png.9497f94cf5cb7b8e9103a7d60c2a0614.png

Eric Martel

image.thumb.png.62093b5fddf7c48b2dc3c805de0b5bb5.png

End of Season 1

A great first season leading to a 3rd placed finish, qualifying for the Champions League and winning the Copa Del Ray!!!.

Budgets remain tight and we will have to sell further established and aging stars to continue funding squad purchases.

image.png.78256438cba57b523eca77d4b88d1277.png

Top Goal scorer 

Iglesias ended up the top goal scorer with an impressive 27 goal haul a great season for him, but he is now 31 and looking for a bumper new contract, having signed Marcos Leonardo in January he is someone i will be trying to move on while he retains some value.

image.png.bf72751616dde38d26537b3b335356d6.png

Potential Transfers out

Iglesias - Current Value £35M

Fekir - Current Value £33-36M (long term injury again and disappointing season mixed with being a real rebel in the dressing room when his mates don't play)

Carvalho - Current Value £16-19.5M ( Not happy he plays as a rotation option and aging)

Cruz - Current Valuation £2M ( never played and overall lacks quality)

Henrique - Current Valuation £38M ( bench option, didn't inspire with performances)

New Season Budget

image.thumb.png.d79cc50249f51c80648688cc6c864311.png

Edited by Jamie Cortez

• 3 months later...

On a long journeyman save in FM23 i ended up at Almeria about 12 seasons in and had a lot of fun managing them for many seasons. Some years into the save i noticed Betis were always producing good players and were always so hard to beat for me. I go to check and they also have a 60k seater stadium ! 

Honestly made me regret picking Almeria over them lol. They seemed like they would be a better team to have picked. 

Planning a Betis save if i ever do another LA Liga save.