Two DBs: Conflicting Country Rules despite using different names/IDs?

Jesus Bot

Hi - I'm using a DB that makes Russia playable by moving everything about it to the Soviet Union (ID: 583). I then have a different DB with a custom Visegrad nation which I put in the regular Russian ID (ID: 791)

In theory - I should be able to use both DBs, right? However, I can't proceed past save creation because "Only one file for Russia can be selected." Oddly enough, the Visegrad DB doesn't show the change in name to Visegrad in the database selection screen.

Everything is verified, and loads up properly. Just can't get load the two databases together. Please help! Thank you!

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

This could be an order problem.

Make sure the Soviet Union DB is loaded first (based on the database name) and then the Visegrad DB.

Hi, I named the Soviet Union DB Jugo while the Visegrad DB as V4. I was referring to the screen where you're selecting DBs to load. I can't select both.

Probably an issue with how the DB was created. I'd assume whoever made it loaded up the existing rules for Russia and then shifted everything over to USSR instead. Except the database remembers what the original rules were for and sticks to that. It still considers it a Russia DB, even though the actual content has been changed to USSR. It's similar to when people load up continental rules in a nation rules file, it causes issues because the editor still sees it is a nation rules file, not a continental one.

I think this can be altered via editing the XML. But I know basically nothing about editing those, sorry.