How to counter tactics and formation of Opponent ? (in FM23 MOBILE)

Hello.Could you help me please.I will be waiting for reply especially from @Marc Vaughan

AS i understood - you cant play with the same tactics every match,you will loose..You need different formation and tactic for each opponent and there is a logic how to do that properly

??? does any one have guide of principles how to counter opponents formation and tactics ?Maybe you have article about that ?

**----**For example I have difficulties playing against this formation as on photo

image.thumb.jpeg.78136dd1db8d663e2c7ceeb7c99d66e2.jpeg!!! i was playing  against this team as on photo maybe 5-6 times always with different tactics and the best one resulted in draw

By the way I play mostly with Blackpool with 5-2-3 formation, and trying to find some others to switch if first one does not help

I will be waiting for your reply.Thank you very much in advance)

On 23/07/2023 at 01:05, mukipuki said:

AS i understood - you cant play with the same tactics every match,you will loose..You need different formation and tactic for each opponent and there is a logic how to do that properly

Where did you see/read this? I imagine a very few would be changing tactics every game? Its not required, possibly over thinking the game, unless you personally want to do this.

(City, Barce, Real etc etc generally keep the same style of play whatever the game).

On 23/07/2023 at 01:05, mukipuki said:

Hello.Could you help me please.I will be waiting for reply especially from @Marc Vaughan

??? does any one have guide of principles how to counter opponents formation and tactics ?Maybe you have article about that ?

**----**For example I have difficulties playing against this formation as on photo

image.thumb.jpeg.78136dd1db8d663e2c7ceeb7c99d66e2.jpeg!!! i was playing  against this team as on photo maybe 5-6 times always with different tactics and the best one resulted in draw

By the way I play mostly with Blackpool with 5-2-3 formation, and trying to find some others to switch if first one does not help

I will be waiting for your reply.Thank you very much in advance)

I do sometimes but it's not a silver bullet and doesn't always work. 

For example, if I'm playing a team with two strikers, I'll play with three centre backs to give me a spare man at the back. 

If I'm playing a team with only wing backs out wide, I'll play with both full backs & wingers and set up to attack down the  flanks (effectively doubling up on the wing backs). 

Against 4-4-2, I start with a 4-1-2-2-1 narrow to dominate the centre midfield. 

Just a few suggestions. 

Edited by passenger58

19 часов назад, passenger58 сказал:

I do sometimes but it's not a silver bullet and doesn't always work. 

For example, if I'm playing a team with two strikers, I'll play with three centre backs to give me a spare man at the back. 

If I'm playing a team with only wing backs out wide, I'll play with both full backs & wingers and set up to attack down the  flanks (effectively doubling up on the wing backs). 

Against 4-4-2, I start with a 4-1-2-2-1 narrow to dominate the centre midfield. 

Just a few suggestions. 

Thank you,i will use your suggestions.I also found that team mentality can be countered.For example against teams who play defence i use  overload(i tried attacking and other mentalities,didn't work good).Against attacking mentality - counter attack helps.And against control i use balance.