Stadium and City Background help

Charly

Hello...  I just came back to FM after a 6 year break...

I have installed a logo pack and stadium pack.

But the city box for each club has a picture saying "coming soon". The Stadium picture rotates the same "coming soon" picture with the actual stadium files I downloaded.

Its disturbing my enjoyment for some reason

How can I find the "coming soon" picture to eliminate the file?

Many thanks in advance

26 minutes ago, Charly said:

Hello...  I just came back to FM after a 6 year break...

I have installed a logo pack and stadium pack.

But the city box for each club has a picture saying "coming soon". The Stadium picture rotates the same "coming soon" picture with the actual stadium files I downloaded.

Its disturbing my enjoyment for some reason

How can I find the "coming soon" picture to eliminate the file?

Many thanks in advance

it's being grabbed from the game if it can't find any pictures added

graphics\pictures\stadiums

called none.png

Thanks for your response

I found the offending graphic ( in the skin pack that I had downloaded). I deleted the folder, and reloaded.

It still rotating the new stadum pic, but now with a black image

The city image is just black (which I would expect)

What is making it rotate... Is there another xml file somewhere. I dont get how it can be rotating the stadium file of every team with a black picture.

I might ask on the place where I got the skin. I did not originally know it was realtred to the skin

Thanks

8 minutes ago, Charly said:

Thanks for your response

I found the offending graphic ( in the skin pack that I had downloaded). I deleted the folder, and reloaded.

The city image is just black (which I would expect)

What is making it rotate... Is there another xml file somewhere. I dont get how it can be rotating the stadium file of every team with a black picture.

I might ask on the place where I got the skin. I did not originally know it was realtred to the skin

Thanks

Hard to point directly at the source without knowing which skin it is.

But yes, asking where you got the skin might not be a bad call :) gl in your search

7 hours ago, Charly said:

it was obvious.
apparently this skin uses a rotation between stadium images that are background and stadium images that are just images (e.g. Mini Stadiums Superpack)

Yeah... I did notwant to download another 3gb of pictures, and went with a smaller stadium pack, that apparently does not have the second image. I guess I could create an xml file which directs to the same image, but that seems like a major faff... (or maybe just a find and replace in worpad).

I mean the logos had over 300,000 files... Thats insane. Whomever curated these must have godlike powers. I cant imagine what it would be like if I had onedrive turned on with 10 odd gigs of pictures just for one game. I as to draw the line at facpacks though, although for some reason some players do have faces. not sure if that is the logopack or if the game had licences for some players already.

Lol... and I laugh at people who worry about skins in other games... (just play the game... just play the game...)

• 2 months later...

Hoping to bump this as also have a question...

I want to add my own background to a downloaded city background megapack, i've got an image and have the club ID but can't seem to get it to show in game, think I have to edit the config.xml file but struggling to understand it, anyone have any advice or a walkthrough?

1 hour ago, smith_tommy said:

Hoping to bump this as also have a question...

I want to add my own background to a downloaded city background megapack, i've got an image and have the club ID but can't seem to get it to show in game, think I have to edit the config.xml file but struggling to understand it, anyone have any advice or a walkthrough?

If you’ve got the club ID you need to copy one line of the config file (any will do) and paste it somewhere else in the config (probably straight under the line you copied). Change the number(s) on the copied line to match the club ID number. Make sure the image is named the same as the club ID number. Obviously put the image in the same folder as the config (city background megapack).

Clear cache and reload the skin.

13 hours ago, Tyburn said:

If you’ve got the club ID you need to copy one line of the config file (any will do) and paste it somewhere else in the config (probably straight under the line you copied). Change the number(s) on the copied line to match the club ID number. Make sure the image is named the same as the club ID number. Obviously put the image in the same folder as the config (city background megapack).

Clear cache and reload the skin.

Great, thank you!

• 4 months later...