Need help on my posession based 4-2-3-1 with Atalanta

I built this squad and created this tactic in my first year with Atalanta in order to play tiki-taka style football but I have some difficulties throught my games. I can't even create lots of chances against Cremonese. I have %60-70 posession most of the time but couldn't manage to create enough to score. Any advice would be helpful.

atalanta tactic.png

4 dakika önce, Andrew Marines said:

No, the question was: would you like to score from crosses, through balls,...?

oh sorry. my plan was scoring mostly with through balls from Samardzic, Rodri and sometimes Lopez to Lookman and  Ruiz, also I have move into channels PI for Samardzic, so he should be able to score by penatrating the spaces created by Ruiz. Also low crosses from my WB's and long shoots from Samardzic and Koopmeiners can be other options. I don't know If I have right kind a tactic for this plans but these are what I wanted to see from my team.

Edited by Skywalker7

I'd change those things in possession:

Fairly narrow->wide

Lower tempo to at least standard

Underlap left-right.

Add shot more to the CM or remove work ball into the box

I'd add to the wingbacks cross less often and change rodri's role to something more offensive.

Your team will try to go through the wingbacks, stretching the defense. This will lead to space for your AM-LR to exploit.

If that space is not found, the WB will try to recycle possesion through the CM

Edited by Andrew Marines

I think the transition of Atalanta's squad from 3 defenders to 4 defenders is quite a big one. This will probably take a little more time. Are you still in the first season?

In the tactics of the screenshot, the right back can play as WBat. In addition, I would increase the tempo to standard and lower the lines without possession and use counter in transition.

10 hours ago, Skywalker7 said:

I built this squad and created this tactic in my first year with Atalanta in order to play tiki-taka style football but I have some difficulties throught my games. I can't even create lots of chances against Cremonese. I have %60-70 posession most of the time but couldn't manage to create enough to score. Any advice would be helpful.

atalanta tactic.png

If you want to play two wingbacks, I'd recommend going with a 4-3-3 w/a halfback.

At the moment you've got both wingbacks going forward, and adventurous double pivot and the four up front. Adding a bit of stability by dropping a WB to FB(s) or adopting a more sturdy double pivot will also help things. Especially on a narrow formation, the SV doesn't have that much space to attack in the middle of the park, so deploying him as BWM(D) w/ the DLP(s) could help balance things out.