Striker not running alot

27 minutes ago, Numenor said:

Hello,

How do i change so my striker is actually making some runs? When i look in the datahub he makes few runs and few sprints... i use him as AF.image.thumb.jpeg.624d9394d82e07b5086f7b15cdeba4b8.jpeg

It’s properbly best if you post a screenshot of your tactic. However, I would take a look at your offensive play at first. Is there actually space for your striker to make runs into? Or is the opposition primarily camping inside their own box? If the latter is the case, you properbly need to take a look at your own transitions. You may want to allow for more tempo and a higher passing risk. You can also consider a different role that’s more into being available and creating things, if you don’t want to make adjustments to your playstyle.

//edit: also ask yourself what you actually require your striker to do. It’s not nessecarily the best for every playstyle to have a striker that’s making the most runs and always covering a high distance

Edited by CARRERA

Im playing a 4231. I use Ferguson as the AF but he gets very poor ratings most of the time. I have Endrick on loan from R madrid and he scores much more often.20230528195630_1.thumb.jpg.276608e201bf7659671b1759304af18a.jpg20230528195639_1.thumb.jpg.73c8405e5678f15b5ecb3e5c08e2e1e7.jpg

20230528232523_1.jpg

Edited by Numenor

I'm Danish so I can understand some of your team instructions, but if you want help from a broader audience, you should probably put up a screenshot in English.

I do believe that you are pressing high and that might be why he's not having that many runs and sprints. There's simply not space for him to run into. A solution could be to drop into a mid block thus creating space behind your opponents backline.