Eurasian Champions League

alonsky47

Hello!

Asian continent countries in 20th century received a good development of economies, and in 21st century they will catch up with Europe. So I want to make the Asian region in FM more significant. I'm not interested in simply increasing reputation, money and strength of Asian CL, because then "top football" will be decentralized. I'm also not interested in World CL, because it's extremely unrealistic and chaotic. Formally, Eurasia is also one continent.

I want to know, how can I add (or swap) new nations in European Champions League (nations from Asia)? Or the only option is create entirely new competition? If yes, how I can do this?

My idea is that countries like China, Singapore, India, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, etc. have every chance to growth their football level. But in order for their reputation to really increase, they must participate in "top football" cup. IRL there are cases when "top players" chooses clubs that participate in European CL. Asian teams with "top players" and worldwide publicity will be stronger... It may seem that I'm a big fan of Asia... this is partly true, respect to China! :) But also, I want see something alternative in FM - no England league domination, sheikhs and other rich people should invest money in clubs in their own country, not in Paris, Newcastle, Leicester, Oviedo, Milano, and other things.

I haven't big experience with FM Editor. I've created a couple of mods for myself in past parts of FM, but I often came across jokes from FM Editor (stupid "0 teams found" and so on) - so do I have a chance to create something myself without having any special knowledge (like FM developers or prof modders)?

• 2 months later...

Hi, you would basically need to create your own competition. Qualification from European Leagues to the UEFA competitions is pretty much hardcoded so you would struggle.  There is a guy who designs his own continental competitions "UEFA Revival" (Google it) and he may have done something like you've suggested.

15 hours ago, Shrew82 said:

Hi, you would basically need to create your own competition. Qualification from European Leagues to the UEFA competitions is pretty much hardcoded so you would struggle.  There is a guy who designs his own continental competitions "UEFA Revival" (Google it) and he may have done something like you've suggested.

Not necessarily. With the new format European competitions are capped at either 54 or 55 countries (can't remember which). You can definitely add new countries, just any ranked below 54th/55th in 23/24 will be permanently excluded.

So if you just change China etc. to Europe they'll automatically be included, and somebody like Andorra will miss out instead. Might need to be careful with the number of countries you add, especially since the cut-off will be made in the 2nd season so countries can still earn coefficients until then.

The issue is likely to be international competitions. You could re-do them to accomodate more teams in Europe/less in Asia too though. The Asian continental competitions might be an issue too, they actually are hardcoded for specific nations, so I'm not sure if moving those nations to Europe would mean they play in both competitions, or if the Asian ones just break due to not having enough teams anymore.