Weird Steam Issue

I've started having this weird issue playing FM23 on Steam. After about four hours Steam restarts itself crashing the game. I save after every game so it's I don't lose too much usually but if it hits me during a long break or transfer window I can end up losing quite a bit. It's difficult as if I try googling all that comes up is Window crashes due to overheating but Windows doesn't restart and the temps are fine. It doesn't happen with any other game, I've played Project zomboid for hours without issue. I've tried verifying the game with no change. No one else I know is having this issue so it's not a bug in the game.

So I'm a bit lost. Any ideas?

PC specs

CPU 5600x

GPU 2060

Ram 16gb

Win10

Edited by threelionsUK

2 minutes ago, threelionsUK said:

I see Steam restart in the taskbar and a minute later the game crashes.

Hmm, seems like a steam issue then, have you tried re-installing Steam? Perhaps your install is funky.

Otherwise, I found this, perhaps it can help?

https://help.steampowered.com/en/wizard/HelpWithSteamIssue/?issueid=707

I see they suggest that some forms of anti virus or anti spyware can falsely flag it. As well as issues if you run a VPN. So perhaps there is something there?

11 minutes ago, XaW said:

Hmm, seems like a steam issue then, have you tried re-installing Steam? Perhaps your install is funky.

Otherwise, I found this, perhaps it can help?

https://help.steampowered.com/en/wizard/HelpWithSteamIssue/?issueid=707

I see they suggest that some forms of anti virus or anti spyware can falsely flag it. As well as issues if you run a VPN. So perhaps there is something there?

Yeah I was hoping I wouldn't have to reinstall Steam but I guess I'll have to try it as I don't have anything but Windows Defender running. Thanks for the help much appreciated.

6 hours ago, threelionsUK said:

Yeah I was hoping I wouldn't have to reinstall Steam but I guess I'll have to try it as I don't have anything but Windows Defender running. Thanks for the help much appreciated.

Reinstalling Steam doesn't usually require having to reinstall all the games, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

• 1 month later...
On 06/04/2023 at 14:47, threelionsUK said:

Defender?… I wonder if your antivirus or firewall apps might be causing some issue?…