The Great Liechtenstein Challenge

Liechtenstein doesn't have their own league in FM or in real life. They play in the swiss leagues. Liechtenstein is my favorite Small European Microstate as well. (not that their are many of them anyways) So I thought, "What if I made a challenge designated for Liechtenstein?" So, here it is!

OBJECTIVE:

Win the Champions League with a Liechtensteiner team.

RULES FOR THE THREAD:

• NO in-game editor under ANY MEANS.
  • Try to get as many pictures as you can to use on this thread
  • if you want, you can either use a database that has the teams above tier 5, or just promote a team to tier 5 if they are below that division using the editor.
  • NO save-scumming

and thats it!

———————————————-———————————————-—————————————

Here are the people who have attempted this challenge over the years:

FM23:

jrobertgordon13 - FC Vaduz

Edited by jrobertgordon13

2 hours ago, NiekMulderij said:

I like Liechtenstein too, had a very fun save with Eschen/Mauren on FM21.
Good luck with your challenge, if you like I made a Liechtensteiner Bundesliga a while ago if you're interested for future challenges :thup:

I might add that as like an option if someone let's just say wants a little bit of a easier route or something. Was it the database for FM22 or was it still this year? I remember seeing one for FM22.

FC VADUZ - FIRST HALF OF SEASON 1 RECAP

FC Vaduz - Wikipedia

League Table - Key Player

This season so far has been a pretty solid season for FC Vaduz. To start, we are currently second in the league and look to be in the Swiss Super League for the first time in not as long as you would think actually. However, it would still be great if not only we can get promoted to the Swiss Super League, but thrive in the league (even though it ultimately doesn't matter because we can't qualify to Europe through the Super League anyway!) Anyway, Let's run through the key aspects of the team.

TACTIC:

Base Game - 4-4-2 Diamond Narrow Vertical Tiki Taka.

MAJOR PLAYERS:

I would personally consider Dejan Djokic to be probably our main player, along with Cedric Gasser and Tunahan Cicek.

TRANSFERS:

N/A

So that's about it. I don't want to do the History section yet because we aren't done with the season. They'll be one, I just don't want to make one right now at 1AM and the season isn't even over.

Good luck.

I love this challenge. i attempted it in FM22 but didn't complete. I'll be back to it someday.

Just a heads up. In this version, if you get your coefficient high enough the liechtenstein cup will qualify you for the Europa league instead of the conference league.

just finished season 2026/2027 with Vaduz and the national team with a database which includes level 5 in Switzerland.

Primarily I have been playing 4-3-3 DM wide and last season I used a 4-2-3-1 DM at home, to dominate a bit more.

Won the FL1 Aktiv cup every year and even won the league one time with 59 points (pure luck, because usually 59 point equals a 3. place). Instead of just buying players I'm trying to develop the club, so the national team can be competitive as well. 

I have only managed to ge to the group stages in ECL once. 

Djokic was all right for me the first season, but in general he missed to many chances, so when Ibrisimovic came back from loan I used him as a starter instead.

Edited by Bubbles_DK

1 hour ago, Bubbles_DK said:

Djokic was all right for me the first season, but in general he missed to many chances, so when Ibrisimovic came back from loan I used him as a starter instead.

I don't really play any of the games, I just simulate them and see the result. I just kind of saw that Djokic was doing pretty good. I think Cedric Gasser was doing better Average wise, but I kept seeing messages in my Inbox that said Djokic was doing good so I ended up picking Djokic for the key player.

FC VADUZ - SEASON 1 RECAP - 4th PLACE FINISH

FC Vaduz - Wikipedia

League Table -  Youth Intake - Transfers - Liechtensteiner Cup

In the end, we would end up not getting promoted. A sad result, as we would have a REALLY bad streach of form from when we came back in Feburary to the end of the season. We would end up not even getting a spot in the Promotion Playoff. That doesn't mean the season was bad, it just means that we should've played better in the second half. We did have a shot of getting into the Promotion playoff on the Final Day, however we would end up losing on that final day.

In the end, the season should've been better...

TACTICS:

Base Game - 442 Diamond Narrow (Vertical Tiki-Taka)

TRANSFERS: 

Li Lei - I really just bought this guy to say "Hey! We did something this season in the Transfer Market!" He is 30, but as I said, I needed someone to buy

KEY PLAYER:

In the end, the key player of the season would probably go to Cedric Gasser. He ended up having the best average rating on the team. Along with that, he was leading the league in Average Rating for the first half. I didn't end up checking for the second half however.

HISTORY:

SEASON 1 - 4th In Swiss Challenge League, Liechtensteiner Cup Champions. Player of the Season: Cedric Gasser

FC VADUZ - SEASON 2 HALFWAY RECAP - 4TH PLACE

FC Vaduz - Wikipedia

There is going to be no screenshots because I did this on my Macbook and I'm posting on my computer, so there you go.

I thought this season might go better, and I do still think it might, however we were very much struggling in the beginning of this season. It even got to a point where we were in 8th place in the league! However, we did eventually come back and we are currently in 4th place in the Challenge League. If we hadn't had that bad form, I could imagine us being in second place or maybe even first. However, because of the form, It might not happen. Let's check out the players we brought in this year considering the tactic is just the same thing.

TRANSFERS:

Filip Frei - He was our first transfer in the offseason, the issue is we don't play his position in the tactic...

Joel Bustamante - A pretty good starter, currently tied for most assists with 3

David Jacovic - He is our starting Right Back, and has a 7.29 Average Rating so he's pretty good

KEY PLAYER:

Tunahan Cicek has 13 Goals so far this season, and is tied for the most Man of the Match awards this year as well, so I'll give the award to him this season.

HISTORY:

SEASON 1 - 4th In Swiss Challenge League, Liechtensteiner Cup Champions. Player of the Season: Cedric Gasser

SEASON 2* - 4th in Swiss Challenge League, at least the Semi-Finals of the Liechtensteiner Cup, Player of the First Half: Tunahan Cicek

On 29/03/2023 at 06:37, jrobertgordon13 said:

I might add that as like an option if someone let's just say wants a little bit of a easier route or something. Was it the database for FM22 or was it still this year? I remember seeing one for FM22.

It really is an easier route, neverthelees a lot of fun though. My FM22 file I played a lot and I made one for FM23 as well, which is currently having some problems because of the Winter update, I'll notify if i get that running problemless again.

Good to see my boy Cicek killing it still, the man is a beast! You got any good Liechtenstein players yet for the future?

1 hour ago, NiekMulderij said:

It really is an easier route, neverthelees a lot of fun though. My FM22 file I played a lot and I made one for FM23 as well, which is currently having some problems because of the Winter update, I'll notify if i get that running problemless again.

Good to see my boy Cicek killing it still, the man is a beast! You got any good Liechtenstein players yet for the future?

I've only really got Liechtensteiner players through the intake, as I don't think there are many to begin with so I might not be able to find any diamonds in the rough. The two decent players I got have 3 to 4 star potential and haven't grown much. I would say Lukas Otto is the best of the bunch however he only is a one star current ability with 3-4 star potential. His best rating is his 13 Technique. After him their is one other guy. (Andreas Anton) However Anton's not to good either. Do you know how I could find some good Liechtensteiner players?

6 hours ago, jrobertgordon13 said:

I've only really got Liechtensteiner players through the intake, as I don't think there are many to begin with so I might not be able to find any diamonds in the rough. The two decent players I got have 3 to 4 star potential and haven't grown much. I would say Lukas Otto is the best of the bunch however he only is a one star current ability with 3-4 star potential. His best rating is his 13 Technique. After him their is one other guy. (Andreas Anton) However Anton's not to good either. Do you know how I could find some good Liechtensteiner players?

You're right indeed, the best thing to do is to invest in the youth as much as you can, as you're already the top notch team in the country. One of my favourites Dennis Salanovic is now with no club after a stint in Finland, he is a Liechtenstein winger which will be a good add on! Furthermore you can maybe look in France for Gullaume Khous, both  them are Liechtenstein players and can give you more depth in your attack.

14 hours ago, NiekMulderij said:

You're right indeed, the best thing to do is to invest in the youth as much as you can, as you're already the top notch team in the country. One of my favourites Dennis Salanovic is now with no club after a stint in Finland, he is a Liechtenstein winger which will be a good add on! Furthermore you can maybe look in France for Gullaume Khous, both  them are Liechtenstein players and can give you more depth in your attack.

Ok i'll see if they are avaliable. If not, I'm going to try upgrading my Youth Facilities to get better players through the intake.

• 1 month later...