Advice: How good is my Regen Keeper really?

walney

Currently in my save it is 2032 and I am managing Manchester City. Ederson has finally hit the wall and his form has crashed this year. It's outside the transfer window so I've been experimenting with giving this young lad some games and he's been playing well so far but I've played him mostly in unimportant fixtures. I've never really trained up a keeper before and though my assistant seems to be sold on him I'm not quite so sure.

He's 17 now and has been in my academy for a couple of years. Seems like his potential is huge but I am concerned by his low attributes (understandable, he's only young) and his lack of development since he signed up.

Realistically how much can I expect him to progress from this point and realise his potential? Will he be able to be a first team goalkeeper and keep up with the demands of my board (win the prem and the cup, reach the UCL finals)? What's the best way, if any, to develop this player?

Thanks

20230322224856_1.jpg

20230322225800_1.jpg

20230322225840_1.jpg

20230322225857_1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/03/2023 at 17:02, walney said:

Currently in my save it is 2032 and I am managing Manchester City. Ederson has finally hit the wall and his form has crashed this year. It's outside the transfer window so I've been experimenting with giving this young lad some games and he's been playing well so far but I've played him mostly in unimportant fixtures. I've never really trained up a keeper before and though my assistant seems to be sold on him I'm not quite so sure.

He's 17 now and has been in my academy for a couple of years. Seems like his potential is huge but I am concerned by his low attributes (understandable, he's only young) and his lack of development since he signed up.

Realistically how much can I expect him to progress from this point and realise his potential? Will he be able to be a first team goalkeeper and keep up with the demands of my board (win the prem and the cup, reach the UCL finals)? What's the best way, if any, to develop this player?

Thanks

20230322224856_1.jpg

20230322225800_1.jpg

20230322225840_1.jpg

20230322225857_1.jpg

What low attributes? He's a model citizen with crazy current/potential ability and he's 17 years old lol. He has the current ability to start for any club in the world. 

The best way to develop a player is to give him game time once he turns 18.

If you're not trolling: this is as surefire a regen can get in reaching their potential. Just give him gametime. If Ederson is struggling, well this guy is your new number one. Keep Ederson around, such a young player will need lots of rotation.

Edited by Cloud9

Cant see any low attributes that are troubling at all.  For a 17-year-old those attributes are terrific and only his high eccentricity and low composure are in need of work.  Have him mentored by Ederson for a year and give him more game time and he should develop nicely.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...