CrusaderTsar Tactic Advice

Hi @crusadertsar,

I came accross this tactic of yours on the byline and was wondering if you have some more details on it and how it would play. There was no screenshot besides the one with just the formation. Would be interested to know what the in possession, in transition and out of possession instructions are. 

973B7DB9-7F31-497B-A019-4BAA357CB166.jpeg.95bbc5f1ce4b26f7c26066ebcbd8f954.jpeg

Then I was also wondering what the general view is of playing a Target Forward in a possession based system? I guess it is counterintuitive but I have been having some good results. Lastly would a SS be a good pairing with a Target Forward?

BR,

Bird

Edited by Bird_SA
Forgot to add picture

I go into more detail on a very similar tactic in this thread here.

It's basically inspired by the Brazilian Jogo Bonito football from 1970s. You can read up more on my reasoning for various roles such as Shadow Striker (Pele role!).

I think a Targetman might work well but you would still need a very technical one, so more like a DLF really. In order to be able to keep up with all the creativity around him. Inherently it's not really a direct, "cross to the big man up top" kind of tactic. For that I would have probably used different roles on the wings. But you are more than welcome to try and adapt it to your team :)

2 minutes ago, crusadertsar said:

Thank you my friend. Those are very kind words. 

Yes! You are very clear and always bringing new ideas. You and the likes of ozil to the arsenal, carrera, frukox are one of my favorite reads here