What is the difference between Bravery and Aggression?

How do they perform?

Is it like Gattuso or Puyol?

Someone is low Bravery,but high rate of Aggressin.

Here are the Description from gamedate

Aggression reflects a player's attitude in terms of playing mentality but is not necessarily a dirtiness indicator. A more aggressive player will look to involve himself in every incident and get stuck in, perhaps at the expense of a yellow card or two. A less aggressive player may shy away from situations and merely drop into his comfort zone, waiting for the play to find him.

Bravery primarily reflects how committed and indeed, brave, a player is. Braver players will risk injury more in situations a more cautious player may shy away from. They'll go in where it hurts and lay it on the line for the team.

Edited by Aoyao

I'd say you've got it right. I see it as Aggression - happy to fly into tackles, (not dirtily, as you say) - it's a proactive mentality. Bravery - won't pull out of a tackle or header; won't flinch from an aggressive opponent. It's a reactive mentality. A player with high aggression but low bravery likes to dish it out but can't take it.

1 hour ago, Aoyao said:

How do they perform?

Is it like Gattuso or Puyol?

Someone is low Bravery,but high rate of Aggressin.

Here are the Description from gamedate

Aggression reflects a player's attitude in terms of playing mentality but is not necessarily a dirtiness indicator. A more aggressive player will look to involve himself in every incident and get stuck in, perhaps at the expense of a yellow card or two. A less aggressive player may shy away from situations and merely drop into his comfort zone, waiting for the play to find him.

Bravery primarily reflects how committed and indeed, brave, a player is. Braver players will risk injury more in situations a more cautious player may shy away from. They'll go in where it hurts and lay it on the line for the team.

Bravery does seem to be directly linked to aerial challenges in the ME.

I believe aggression almost purely operates out of possession, where as bravery affects a players ability to take tackles on the ball as well.

You can target opposition players with poor bravery with a press/tackle hard and it can affect their morale in match.

Edited by Cloud9

• 2 weeks later...

Actually aggression does not typically equate to flying into challenges. For me personally it just means that a player is more likely willing to take anyone on.  There is a chance he will tackle yes, but it will also depend on things like his role and his hidden dirtiness rating.

I for example value central midfielders with high aggression and am always looking to sign players with the highest aggression levels possible. Currently my best performing CMs are those with aggression levels of 18-20. Combine that with workrate and stamina and you have the perfect player who does a lot of high intensity sprints. 

A player with low bravery still tackles and can have high interceptions. What's important at the end of the day for me at least, are attributes like work-rate, determination. The combination of the latter attributes with bravery and aggression can make for fantastic central midfielders.

My first thought was "aggression gets you booked, bravery gets you injured." :lol:

But no, what he said.

Edit: Just to add, when building teams I personally tend to try and pair a dog with a cat. By that I mean I typically want to have one CB with high aggression alongside one who's maybe a bit more cerebral. The same goes for midfield pairings for me.

Edited by vrig

I used to play football semi professionally and I was a "soft" player (low aggression), didn't get involved much into things. However, I never got afraid in a dangerous situation (highish bravery). So they are not the same.