Strange manager behaviour

I have this issue, that imho is really strange. I have 2 world beaters in Ferramosca and Lanza. Italian and spaniard. 

But ever since new managers came to italy and spain and started using tactics that these players don't play. Ferramosca has current ability of 195 and Lanza has 197. Ferramosca is basically the best midfielder there has ever been. And Lanza is basically reincarnation of Cristiano Ronaldo. In reality those managers would probably build their teams around them while game doesn't even call Ferramosca to the squad and Lanza gets called up, but doesnt get any gametime. 

Do others think it's also strange or am I alone on this one?

Screenshot_1337.png

Screenshot_1336.png

Screenshot_1335.png

Screenshot_1334.png

I don’t think it’s strange. The AI managers are designed to use a set of formation and tactic based on what the researchers for that team think the manager does and when they go to a team they will use players that suit those formations. They are not intelligent enough yet to do what you’re asking.

It’s just a limitation of the game 

First of all: both of your guys are really awesome and could be cornerstones for every team to be built around.

To answer your question: I think the international callups have to do a lot with player reputation. The two players you mentioned are still relatively young and play in a smaller league (Sweden). These 2 things have probably led to the player reputation not being as high as their playing ability (CA) should warrant. I don't think it's "strange behaviour" by the Spain/Italy national team coaches, it's more like a flaw to the game AI that younger players struggle to pick up reputation relative to their CA.

But... isn't that somewhat realistic? Often times fans criticise national team managers for that exact thing: picking players by reputation and not by performance/ability.

This video goes more into detail of the problem:

Edited by burnum

7 hours ago, burnum said:

First of all: both of your guys are really awesome and could be cornerstones for every team to be built around.

To answer your question: I think the international callups have to do a lot with player reputation. The two players you mentioned are still relatively young and play in a smaller league (Sweden). These 2 things have probably led to the player reputation not being as high as their playing ability (CA) should warrant. I don't think it's "strange behaviour" by the Spain/Italy national team coaches, it's more like a flaw to the game AI that younger players struggle to pick up reputation relative to their CA.

But... isn't that somewhat realistic? Often times fans criticise national team managers for that exact thing: picking players by reputation and not by performance/ability.

This video goes more into detail of the problem:

Their reputation is worldwide as you can see on the screenshots..

I think it's more a problem that they both don't play in a position that the manager is using. The Spain manager is using a 4-4-2 without anyone in the AM-strata and Lanza can only play AMR/L , while the Italy manager is using 2 DMC's and 1 AMC instead and Ferramosca can only play MC.

20 hours ago, NoobGoneBad said:

I have this issue, that imho is really strange. I have 2 world beaters in Ferramosca and Lanza. Italian and spaniard. 

But ever since new managers came to italy and spain and started using tactics that these players don't play. Ferramosca has current ability of 195 and Lanza has 197. Ferramosca is basically the best midfielder there has ever been. And Lanza is basically reincarnation of Cristiano Ronaldo. In reality those managers would probably build their teams around them while game doesn't even call Ferramosca to the squad and Lanza gets called up, but doesnt get any gametime. 

Do others think it's also strange or am I alone on this one?

Screenshot_1337.png

Screenshot_1336.png

Screenshot_1335.png

Screenshot_1334.png

When something like this happens I always like to remember how many mind boggling/terrible decisions (especially for a bizarre transfer) real managers make IRL. But yea just a limitation of the game as is.