Does winger with inverted foot holds better width compared to inverted winger (even if IW has stay wider PI)

In Pep's simulation we see a lot of inverted winger with stay wider PI so as to open up the channel for Mezzala. But I found that even with stay wider, they still sometimes move inside during off ball movement hence lose width, making my transition too narrow.

However I found playing winger with inverted foot can be much better, they hold the width very well when off the ball, and still will cut inside and make diagonal pass  with the ball (Like playing Sancho as left winger). 

Do you guys find the same pattern? I'm not sure this is due to hardcoded characteristics of IW and W.

image.png.fa177505221b1bf0a15aa7e20b17a260.png

Edited by yuchd

In FM23, yes, I found the same pattern, Wingers hold the width better than Inverted Wingers in the AMR/L strata.

SI changed the behaviour of the Winger role for FM23, now they hold the width better in the final third. In previous FMs, if you instructed your IW to stay wider, he held the width more or less to the same degree as a Winger. But now in FM23, if you want a player in the  AMR/L strata to stay wide, hold the width in the final third, but still cut inside with the ball at his feet, then your best take is to play him as a Winger with inverted footedness.

Edited by cocoadavid