Improving facilities, bigger upgrades at a time if financial status allows + board influence on clubs

XaW

I'm playing as a small club that has reached the Premier League and now I have more money than I know what to do with, so I want to upgrade the facilities at the club and invest for long term success. My issue is that when the board accepts, they only add a small upgrade (2 million) to the facilities. So when that is done, I have to ask again, and then get another small improvement, and this cycle goes on for years until we have a very good setup.

So the suggestion is as follows, if the financial status (projection, chairperson willingness to take risks, etc) allows it, then the manager can suggest to spend more than a usual upgrade to give a bigger boost to facilities. Perhaps at the cost of future transfer budget in some cases. For example, the board can agree and then (if the manager has a high enough standing) ask the manager how important this is compared to transfer budgets or wage budgets and allow some customization for where to invest. So we can do a small improvement (normal as today), medium (slightly bigger and smaller future budgets), or big (big upgrades, but much smaller future budgets). In other cases the chairperson can decide that themselves based on their own attributes for how much they are looking to develop the club vs short term gains.

This would give the chairperson more of a personality, as well as make saves a bit more diverse as different chairpersons can impact clubs differently. It would also be more realistic to rebuild the entire training facilities for a year or two rather than small builds every 6 months at it happens now when the money is available.

You could argue the same thing for youth development facilities.

If you decide you want the club to become a place of excellence for developing young players, and this matches the boards objectives, you could then prioritise spending lots of money on improving youth training facilities, Junior coaching, Youth Ratings, etc

So they could leap 2 or 3 levels in one big go.

Then the benefits of a much better young player Intake would arrive quicker.

Edited by 2feet

• 2 months later...