Offering players for sale issue

13 minutes ago, ftblmanager said:

Every time I offer a player, I mark the option to exclude 'Selling team pays percentage of wages' and I'd hazard 90% of the time all I get back is offers with 50% of wage covered by me. 

Is this a known issue, it's very frustrating. 

you need an initial offer first in order to exclude any clauses AFAIK, try to set it to 5% and hardlock it, and then try exclude from the oncoming negotiations. That way they cant hardlock 50% first.

3 minutes ago, zindrinho said:

you need an initial offer first in order to exclude any clauses AFAIK, try to set it to 5% and hardlock it, and then try exclude from the oncoming negotiations. That way they cant hardlock 50% first.

Interesting, why would the option be offered then if it doesn't actually exist?

21 minutes ago, ftblmanager said:

Interesting, why would the option be offered then if it doesn't actually exist?

Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing - The option to add "buying team pays x amount wages" and then choose remove it and exclude from negotiation?

IDK why it works like that, just stumbled onto the same problem myself and this is the solution I've found - given that we're talking abuot the same thing of course ;) 

Today (for easier reference, we will call it Tuesday), you offer out Player X with the "no wages to be covered by me" excluded from negotiations, this goes out to AI clubs, but the AI clubs may choose on mass not respond to your offer.

Come Wednesday/Thursday, the AI clubs see the Player X is transfer listed and/or club open to offers, and then proceeds to put in their own/a new bid separate to anything offer your put out on Tuesday.

This form of negotiation works both ways for both AI and Human Player.

Main thing is to get clubs interested in Player X, keep refusing the "% of wages to be covered by you" however, this might mean you need to lower your asking price if "wages are too high for Club X to put in an offer at this time".

Edited by Cobblers

6 hours ago, Cobblers said:

Today (for easier reference, we will call it Tuesday), you offer out Player X with the "no wages to be covered by me" excluded from negotiations, this goes out to AI clubs, but the AI clubs may choose on mass not respond to your offer.

Come Wednesday/Thursday, the AI clubs see the Player X is transfer listed and/or club open to offers, and then proceeds to put in their own/a new bid separate to anything offer your put out on Tuesday.

This form of negotiation works both ways for both AI and Human Player.

Main thing is to get clubs interested in Player X, keep refusing the "% of wages to be covered by you" however, this might mean you need to lower your asking price if "wages are too high for Club X to put in an offer at this time".

Thanks for this explanation. It seems like offer player for sale, excluding clauses is close to redundant then as almost every time I use it I just get offers with what I've excluded. I never set a fee for the player tbh. 

I would agree. Sometimes it can work, ie that you get an immediate "yes" to your offer or a slight alteration to it. Sometimes this means I am kicking myself as I feel "perhaps I could have got more?".

Good luck though - you'll get there and soon be fleecing the AI for cash! Try allowing the AI team to spread the cost over a number of months/years if you aren't desperate for all the money straight away.

When I want to sell a player I offer them to clubs with unspecified price. Then I accept the best offer. For example the best offer was 1M then I offer they player again with an asking price of 1.25M. If I receive a 1.25M offer I accept it, reject the 1M offers, then I offer the player again to clubs with an asking price of 1.5M and so on. Following this approach sometimes the best offer end up on a value 3 or 4 times higher than first best offer. It's a kind of auction

When you offer a player out it sets the asking price. These offers are responding to that rather than the "offering out" terms which is why they are demanding you pay wages. Maybe you should consider accepting in any case, if it means a higher fee.

On 30/11/2022 at 08:27, Gangor said:

When you offer a player out it sets the asking price. These offers are responding to that rather than the "offering out" terms which is why they are demanding you pay wages. Maybe you should consider accepting in any case, if it means a higher fee.

If this is the case then why can you offer terms? A pointless feature.