[FMT21] don't understand why we either perform very well or play like amateurs

1.PNG.59bbc11a5f2a6ae7761914ee13efee67.PNG

3-0 against a mid table side

1-1 labored against another mid table side

6-2 against a top 6 side

0-3 amateur performance against a mid table side

4-0 against a relegation battle side

1-0 two total highlights against a relegation side

it has just been a yo-yo of performances. playing entertaining football, making logical plays in one game to absolute duds, making literally illogical plays the next game. similar scenarios in either game but result in the opposite plays. 

1 saat önce, thebreadlady said:

6-2 against a top 6 side

it has just been a yo-yo of performances. playing entertaining football, making logical plays in one game to absolute duds, making literally illogical plays the next game. similar scenarios in either game but result in the opposite plays. 

What kind of problems do you see on the pitch specifically? Then, we may be able to give better advice.

1 hour ago, frukox said:

What kind of problems do you see on the pitch specifically? Then, we may be able to give better advice.

they seem like they don't know how to play in certain games. when the tactic works, it works, when it doesnt, it's like watching kids play football. it's hard to explain. in the "good" games, the same player in a similar scenario would make the "logical" play whereas in the "bad" games he would do something that doesn't make sense such as clearing when under no pressure, not passing to the next logical player and instead go for a bad long pass, getting into crossing situations then making a long pass back to the DM, high agg and bravery stopper CB stepping away from a long ariel ball to let the opposition ST control it, throw-ins directly back to the opposition etc etc.

Edited by thebreadlady

another game filled with non sensical plays; keeper throwing the ball back to the opposition, first time long shots from FAAAR out, CBs ignoring open midfielders, clearing for no apparent reason, 6 jumping 5 strength striker winning headers against our CBs, but this last one just made me rage quit - 

throw-in at opposition's corner flag, my player throws it directly back to their player for a counter, my right CB decides to rush all the way across...

1.PNG.0a6ab36eea820e6f3ecc934a5b6f10be.PNG

2.PNG.3d0746ce524140b7e8575ada1e9ec348.PNG

3.PNG.fcfd0e093a95fd29f3be45611b9e7820.PNG

Your extreme lack of width and high tempo could perhaps mean your side is hitting your head on a brick wall. I'm not sure about this, but I remember reading that be more expressive means that players will get closer together to link up. Even if I'm wrong about BME I'd say to make the pitch a bit bigger so your CBs at least have more options

On 28/11/2022 at 13:11, thebreadlady said:

6-2 against a top 6 side

If i was in your place I would change some things in the tactic

1.remove dlp from DM spot and place there a more dedicated defensive player like an Anchor man

2.remove IWBs and place a FBs since you need  someone without roaming staying back

3.remove counter since you dont need it really pressing so high

4.remove counterpress since you are already in a aggressive mentality

5.remove very narrow TI.There is no reason to limit yourself offensively 

6.since your LOE and your DL are high with positive mentality you dont need extremely urgent pressing in my mind.Try more urgent or the default and check it from there.

7.playing so high staying on feet doesnt suit i think.Just remove it and add hard tackling if you see a low bravery -composure opponent or your players have good tackling ,decisions,concentration,aggression attributes

9.always check player attributes for the style and roles you want to play