Multiplayer in REAL time.

DaniFito

When we play an online league with many friends, it is common that sometimes one cannot attend. When that happens the rest have no choice but to wait. It is also possible that some players want to spend a lot of time with their team, while others only spend a few minutes a week.That is why I suggest that they develop a method of playing online in real time. That is to say, that each day takes 24 hours to pass. Those who do not attend to their teams will have the second coaches to automatically manage their affairs.The same would happen with parties. For example, if you have the game on Saturday afternoon, you would have to be in front of the computer at the scheduled time. Otherwise, the second coach will resolve the game to the best of his ability.With this it would not matter that some friends dropped out in the middle of the championship, or that they did not attend a specific day, and we could attend to our teams at the most comfortable time of day for each one.

Let's be honest, the most fun is playing with friends, but making schedules compatible is extremely complicated. Imagine how difficult it is to stay with 20 friends and nobody is missing, or to wait 20 minutes for the last one to televise his game. Or if you really want to play, but you have to wait until the time you have arranged. A real time method would solve all these problems (although we would need a host connected 24 hours a day).

• SI Staff

Right now the host of the game is effectively using their PC as a server for that network game. In theory you could already have a machine set-up which is available 24/7 and has specific rules in place that mean progression only occurs once a certain number of players have continued etc. Switching to a private server to host the game would incur a lot of developmental changes. The best comparison I can think of right now in gaming terms would be set-ups like Rust, Conan Exiles, Ark and Minecraft among others. A perpetually available private server does come with costs though, a quick search online suggests that typically you're looking at anywhere from $5 - $25 with most other games that offer this as a service. It's important when logging a feature request that I do understand it correctly, so am I right in understanding  that this is the kind of set-up you're advocating for @DaniFito?

If not, could you explain perhaps a comparison that is already established or provide more details on this.

For example. Let's reduce it to the minimum expression. Two guys play (although it could be 20). The server is always open. They don't coincide in schedules but it doesn't matter. On (real) Monday, boy 1 enters the server (which is also on Monday) and begins to develop tactics for the game he has on Saturday. Boy 2 connects but on Wednesday, and he also prepares his game, looks around, prepares signings... Well, Saturday (real) arrives at 18:00 for example, they have a game. Boy 1 is there to attend the game LIVE, while boy 2 doesn't turn on the computer, so everything will be managed automatically by his second coach. In this way, as many players as there are teams could play, and at the same time leave each one when they wanted. The only problem is that there has to be a server hosting all the time.

• 3 weeks later...

This!

I'd love to play online FM games but getting a schedule together is a huge hassle.

I don't mind FM not created dedicated servers and us just creating our own to leave  on 24/7.

So if we had like 20 players, it would be great if we can hop on whenever it was convient, without having to wait for anyone, do our thing, scouting, tactics, etc. Click continue then exit. Then just come back until everyone has clicked continue as well (put a timer in so the game is forced to progress after a certain time)

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2022 at 18:39, Birdman10piyu said:

So if we had like 20 players, it would be great if we can hop on whenever it was convient, without having to wait for anyone, do our thing, scouting, tactics, etc. Click continue then exit. Then just come back until everyone has clicked continue as well (put a timer in so the game is forced to progress after a certain time)

This would be great! Being able to hop on and off when we can would mean the online experience is a lot more fluid and enjoyable. It can be a pain organising times that suit everyone.

There’s also the inevitable disconnects while playing online which slow the game down - an online server that’s can host 24/7 would be ideal - with the ability to notify players once everyone has continued.  Having the option to host on a server, at our own expense could work. 

Thoughts?

Edited by rbnrbn

On 25/11/2022 at 06:52, Michael Sant said:

Right now the host of the game is effectively using their PC as a server for that network game. In theory you could already have a machine set-up which is available 24/7 and has specific rules in place that mean progression only occurs once a certain number of players have continued etc. Switching to a private server to host the game would incur a lot of developmental changes. The best comparison I can think of right now in gaming terms would be set-ups like Rust, Conan Exiles, Ark and Minecraft among others. A perpetually available private server does come with costs though, a quick search online suggests that typically you're looking at anywhere from $5 - $25 with most other games that offer this as a service. It's important when logging a feature request that I do understand it correctly, so am I right in understanding  that this is the kind of set-up you're advocating for @DaniFito?

If not, could you explain perhaps a comparison that is already established or provide more details on this.

It would be amazing if we could (at our own expense) host an online game that is up 24/7 on a server. Why wouldn't SI enable this?  

On 26/01/2023 at 15:36, DaniFito said:

Sería increíble. Incluso aunque el servidor fuera de pago.

Podríamos jugar gente de diferentes países/horarios/idiomas.

---> This is the next step FM <----

I hope they consider this, FMLive was the last immersive experience - this has the potential to be so much better