[FM23] Allez Les Dogues!

sonnevillejr

LOSC Lille — Wikipédia

LOSC (Lille Olympique Sporting Club)

For my first time posting here, I decided to share my journey with the club that I always supported : LOSC.

This save will begin on November 8th at the official release since there will be some data updates, but since I already know how I'll be playing, I decided to write the opening post now!

Founded in 1944, Lille remains one of the most important club in Ligue 1 Uber Eats and among the most regular, and great players have played for us (Eden Hazard, Nicolas Pepe, Victor Osimhen, Renato Sanches and many others...)

Last season was difficult for us after our outstanding performance in Ligue 1 with Christophe Galtier. We ended 10th in L1 Uber Eats but we still managed to finish first in our Champions League group, before getting beaten by Chelsea.

This season, some kind of rebuild has started at the club, with the arrival of Paulo Fonseca, former AS Roma manager, and a whole bunch of new transfers.

Let's hope I'll be able to grow this club in this save!

Important : the 1st transfer window will be disabled, as I want this save to be as realistic as possible

Note : As a french person, I'm sorry for the potential mistakes I could make :rolleyes:

Facilities

Stadium : Decathlon Arena - Stade Pierre Mauroy (50,000 capacity) 

Training Ground : Domaine de Luchin, excellent facilities

Good youth facilities                                                                                                                                                                                          

Le stade Pierre Mauroy accueille les demi-finales du Top 14 ce week-end

Key players

Révélation

image.png.37f81032635f77acd88eb71e0b8ae95a.png

Révélation

image.png.23deea251cd2c211d5c34ef0899ca237.png

Révélation

image.png.18c7b12f8b9d2850ec61674301e3933d.png

Révélation

image.png.3e0718133ebdb05b61e97b6104b5faa9.png

Révélation

image.png.60f236919e9b4d2bedebc17494ade330.png

Tactical System

Every year I try to replicate the way we play in real life and this year is no different.

Paulo Fonseca is known to play a 4231 out of possession which becomes a 343 in possession. During his career, it was usually one of the CDM who dropped to form a back 3, with very high and wide wingbacks and both wingers who stayed narrower. This year, the idea is the same but the execution is slighty different.

image.png.1a44651483b7638e2e78abbf2f80de98.png

We can see here that the right back is the one who forms the back 3 and the right winger who provides the width. In this way, with this current line-up, it becomes :

J. David

J. Bamba                R. Cabella                 

Ismaily                                             Ounas

A. Gomes        B. André          

T. Djalo    J. Fonte    B. Diakité

L. Chevalier

Benefits : Use of the full width of the pitch and half-spaces, attacking and spectacular football

Downsides : Like IRL, we might struggle defensively because Jose Fonte, our captain and key player, isn't really suited to this way of defending as he's 38 yrs old and quite slow. This style of play is also relatively demanding physically and technically, and our defenders might make some mistakes (like IRL) when trying to play from the back, and we might lack of depth, especially on fullbacks.

Edited by sonnevillejr