Not For Sale - FM22

Some players I scout or when I look at a teams first team players list, some will be listed at “not for sale” under transfer value. Is there a way I can make any of my players not for sale? I haven’t been able to find it if so. 

Not really, but they're not listed as not for sale. It's just that the clubs aren't considering selling them. You can still make an offer on the player, just like the AI can make an offer on any player you deem to be not for sale.

Wouldn’t it make more sense if we could mark our players as ‘not for sale’?  This way other clubs would at least know bids were unwelcomed, and would need to be over the odds to even be considered.  In the same way that a transfer listed player attracts lower bids than actual value due to their status on the market.  That would seem to make more sense, and I believe this was part of the game in the past. 

1 hour ago, PigeonStrangler said:

Wouldn’t it make more sense if we could mark our players as ‘not for sale’?  This way other clubs would at least know bids were unwelcomed, and would need to be over the odds to even be considered.  In the same way that a transfer listed player attracts lower bids than actual value due to their status on the market.  That would seem to make more sense, and I believe this was part of the game in the past. 

Definitely. This is how it should be in the game, you've defined it perfectly there. In the game, the AI can set their players as 'Not for sale' and you do need to bid well above their (now hidden) value to get them to accept. Whereas you can have star players you want to keep and no matter what they are valued at, the AI will always lowball you repeatedly. This is annoying when it's just bad offers and it's a pain rejecting them 45 times, but when it's PSG or Real Madrid doing it and your players are having a breakdown when you reject it, it goes well beyond annoying. I understand the unsettling of the player is a realistic and necessary element to it, but that should be through press stories and scouting them, rather than them bidding a quarter of the player's value several times a week.

Obviously if you're setting your player to 'not for sale' the player would feel like the club see him as irreplaceable, therefore they'd expect to be amongst the top earners in their age bracket at the club, you couldn't just put 'not for sale' on all your players to prevent bids.